• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

90cm LED recommendations please.

the arcadia looked a little pink too, although i'm aware you could fiddle with the settings. but i hear it's vastly complicated.

a video of the aquatlantis on a new tank here.

Zetlight zp-4000
I'm using tão of these on my 120cm tank and the plants love it.

Looking for more info on them but can't find much on the manufacturers website. After reading Troi's thread on the XR15 i'm now seeking spectrums of the light outputs for the different LED units too. The Red/Blue light reading was very interesting and if it's a case of the Arcadia being more "balanced" in it's output of the different light areas vs the aqualantis for about the same price i think i'm going to have to lean back towards that.

Anyone know where I can find the output spectrum for the Arcadia OTL btw? I can't find it on their website but i'm sure there will be one, being Arcadia.

I keep finding more...

Anyone use a Finnex planted+ 24/7?

http://www.finnex.net/index.php/plantedautomated/?___store=default

These guys are sponsors on planted tank and supply all spectrum and par info on their own products (on the planted tank sponsor forum section). just not available in the uk...

plus you can play with the colour settings all you want.

They have a number of products including a FugeRay version which has TONS of red.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Finnex-FugeRAY-Planted-Plus-Moonlights-Aquarium-LED-Fixture-/191059650202

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Plus-Pro's are nice, much better LED line up than on their previous versions (though price also reflects this) - fixture is finished nicely.

The Plus-Pro's are nice, much better LED line up than on their previous versions (though price also reflects this) - fixture is finished nicely.

Looking good. :)

This has led me onto the Ecoxotic E Series - http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=877474

"Nice post...

One defining difference between the E seriesand the Sat+ Prothat you missed:

If you look at the spectrum graphs in the "complete specification" sheet of ecoxotic's website, the E seriesis using 660nmRed, and 420nm blues..

Your standard RGB's used by the Sat+, Sat+Proand 24/7 are 620-630nmand 450-470nm ranges..

Thus the E-series is using its Red and blue channels to extend the spectrum produced by the white Ledssome. This makes sense as the Ecoxotic is essentially the "Luxury" line by Current... They're separate companies, but ultimately have the same ownership... Think of it like Ford/Lincoln, or Honda/Acura orToyota/Lexus.

Note that Current USAand Ecoxotic have the same headquarters address:
2640 Business Park Dr.
Vista, CA 92081"

interesting stuff. will look into them more now. although i've read a few comparisons between the two models and many people prefer the + pro's. additional points were made about the E series running very hot so probably having less of a long running life.

It may be worth a phone call if you're seriously considering purchasing either lamp - begin with email & see what you get :)

It may be worth a phone call if you're seriously considering purchasing either lamp - begin with email & see what you get :)

I've already fired Current USA a stream of questions :)

Plus Pro bought and arriving in 10 - 20 days (touch wood).

Plus Pro bought and arriving in 10 - 20 days (touch wood).

I John

did you received your light unite ?
I am currently looking for a LED light for my 90 cm tank.
I would like to have some thing tunable and with good intensity.
can you please post picture if you have received it ?
And if you can tell us about light coverage on the 90 cm please.

Regards

I John

did you received your light unite ?
I am currently looking for a LED light for my 90 cm tank.
I would like to have some thing tunable and with good intensity.
can you please post picture if you have received it ?
And if you can tell us about light coverage on the 90 cm please.

Regards
Sorry for my very late reply been tied up with working at a festival event (steampunk vikings).

ive not played with the unit very much but so far i'm very impressed. build and finish is excellent although its existing mounting legs are a tiny fraction too long for my 90cm (i went with the bigger light unit option) but nothing i can't work with, it's secure.

the light initially looked a little dim to view compared with the t5 unit and aquaray id been using on the tank to keep spare plants in but i've put the PAR meter on it and confirmed it's grand. around 40 to 50 across an approx substrate depth (its a bare tank currently) which is exactly what I was aiming for. very nice light spread and lots of different colour adjustments i'll be playing with when i have a free moment tomorrow.

I'd recommend this to anyone wanting a nice medium light tank without the hassle of mounting stuff on hanging units way above the tank. No need to dim it down in my mind at all. It's giving me exactly what I want just now. :)

Hi mate thanks for your answer.
How about light coverage ? Does one unite is enough to cover the width of the tank ?

Thanks for your input

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

the coverage seems to be very uniform PAR wise across the base. i've yet to check it vs how far up the back wall of the tank it covers. pretty good from what i can remember, well i dont remember noticing :). better then the definite bar of shade that my twin aquabars leave on the 60cm while well spaced.

I'm going to give the tank a little clean tonight so will attempt to take a few photos for you. :)

Back