• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Newbie from mk

Jesus im not sure UKAPS is a suitable name anymore! Maybe MKAPS! Milton Keynes Aquatic Plant Society!!

Anyway welcome Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK here too :) just out of interest, what fish shops do you like round this way?
Hi Zoe,
I also find that Maidenhead is good, nice selection of fish and friendly staff.
The other one that is quite good is hobbyfish but check the tanks carefully before buying fish... I've noticed lately quite a few dead fish... One of the guy is called Stuart and is very helpful. Destination aquatics have a good selection of rocks for a good price.
For shrimps you've got Sharnbrook shrimps in Rushden, fantastic prices and healthy shrimps

Cheers,
Manu.

Hi Zoe,
I also find that Maidenhead is good, nice selection of fish and friendly staff.
The other one that is quite good is hobbyfish but check the tanks carefully before buying fish... I've noticed lately quite a few dead fish... One of the guy is called Stuart and is very helpful. Destination aquatics have a good selection of rocks for a good price.
For shrimps you've got Sharnbrook shrimps in Rushden, fantastic prices and healthy shrimps

Cheers,
Manu.

Hi Manu,

I like maidenhead too, I went to hobbyfish about a month ago and their fish looked awful, lots of dead/poorly ones, and the tanks were dirty too, I wasn't impressed! I had look at the fish in destination aquatics but not the rocks, thanks for that tip :) I was looking at ordering from sharnbrook shrimp, I hadn't realised they were so close!

Thankyou for the nice welcome, Legytt that is very kind of you but on sunday i went and bought a load of plants from someone in aylesbury,and at the mo they are sat in my tank ready for planting tomorrow when i do a water change.
plant the plants and then do a water change :thumbup:

For those in MK who don't mind the extra drive to Aylesbury Maidenhead Aquatics it is definitely worth it right now if you're on the hunt for nice wood...

I popped in the other day and they have a huge delivery of redmoor, some of the pieces were huge and pretty spectacular.

Perfect for a hoarder like me who buys wood even when he doesnt actually have the tank for it. Is that normal? :geek:

Sound like they may be worth the trip twg!!

Chiltern Aquatics are another good one if you fancy a little journey! Loads of healthy fish, though they didn't have any plants when I went!

I am not that keen on destination aquatics,I used to live in oxford and used the goldfish bowl all the time,i still pop in when i visit my parents.

Hopefully after xmas i will be sorting out a co2 kit,where do people in mk get there outfits i.e fe,regs etc.

Back