• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tropical Bay

Hi Luis

This is awesome mate... I've been reading the journal again from the beginning trying to learn things. Let me ask you some questions:

1. did you noticed the difference between the VIV and Do!Aqua diffuser... I'm asking this because I recently purchased for my nano tank an Elos10 CO2 diffuser. Not cheap, I have too admit that I was quite reluctant to spend my money on this gadget but I recognize there is a huge difference compared with my previous cheap eBay diffuser. What about the VIV ones?

2. What's the sand you're using? I'm planning a new layout and I would like to use only sand/fine gravel (capping a nutritive substrate). I'm looking for something having this color or maybe more greyish but easy maintenance. I had once JBL Sansibar White and I had to change it every two months to look nice (and much too white, quite artificial IMO)

Thank you!
Jordi
Thanks
The VIV difuser is very good but ADA is ADA, you get best difusion with the Do!Aqua.
The sand used on this is the ADA La Planta Sand. I have done just onde repostion of 1l of sand on this months.
Regards

Hi Luis

I love your scape, congrats on making such a beautiful aquascape. I really love your mosswork inside the tank. I

Wow there is nothing to say about this tank. It will not look amiss in the ADA gallery if you ask me. Are you still running 2-3 bps of CO2? That's quite little CO2 for a tank this size and with that much light and plant mass. Did you scrub your rocks clean or added new rocks? I'm currently wondering what to do with the rocks in my tank, which are covered in red algae.

Wow there is nothing to say about this tank. It will not look amiss in the ADA gallery if you ask me. Are you still running 2-3 bps of CO2? That's quite little CO2 for a tank this size and with that much light and plant mass. Did you scrub your rocks clean or added new rocks? I'm currently wondering what to do with the rocks in my tank, which are covered in red algae.
Hi, well the co2 buble on this moment are hard to count ;) but i think that they must be around of 4-5 bps.
The rocks color are a result of some changes on the tank:
- Adjust on the fertilization, added Easy Carbo once per week
- Change of the light unit
- Twinstar Nano +
Regards
Luís

Guys.. maybe you dont´ know but here my friend Luis is on 215 IAPLC World ranking :)

I have strong reasons to believe that in 2016 he´ll be competing in Top 10!

Hi Luis, this is excellent! I've been searching for inspiration for my next tank and think I have just found it!

Would you mind listing out your plants and moss again along with what is where in the tank?

Thanks.

excellent transformation from the first planting to the final shot. really enjoyed that.

did you scrub the rocks at all when you added the twinstar? the use of easy carbo once a week i wouldn't put the cleaning down too. it is only really active for 24 hours as far as i knew.... if this is mostly the twinstar i'd put that down to one of the best adverts ive seen yet for this well discussed and slightly controversial product.

also eager to know the moss type. the growth is lovely. weeping?

best regards,
John

Hi Luis, Simply stunning:clap:
It looks even better!
Thanks for your words.

Guys.. maybe you dont´ know but here my friend Luis is on 215 IAPLC World ranking :)
I have strong reasons to believe that in 2016 he´ll be competing in Top 10!
Paulo, your words are kind but i don't have the same opinion, i've much to learn on this world, and i would be very saisfied if i could achieve the same result on IAPLC 2016...

Hi Luis, this is excellent! I've been searching for inspiration for my next tank and think I have just found it!
Would you mind listing out your plants and moss again along with what is where in the tank?Thanks.

Thank's
Here you have
20581426890_55137c9543_b.jpgTROPICAL BAY by Luís Cardoso, no Flickr

excellent transformation from the first planting to the final shot. really enjoyed that.

did you scrub the rocks at all when you added the twinstar? the use of easy carbo once a week i wouldn't put the cleaning down too. it is only really active for 24 hours as far as i knew.... if this is mostly the twinstar i'd put that down to one of the best adverts ive seen yet for this well discussed and slightly controversial product.

also eager to know the moss type. the growth is lovely. weeping?

best regards,
John
Yes twinstar helped but the adjust of fertilization and the change of the light have influence too.

Back