• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Update on my 2 scapes

Frenchi

Hi
It's been a while since I posted so just an update on how my tanks are getting on, there only phone pics for now, I will upload some Nikon pictures soon as I get a chance

240 litre underpass
9096cd4ccf17a335212e208320692612.jpg

85 litre no name ?
005d5642d971361ed1555f5f67e5465d.jpg
38a3125f634b21a5376758235d48c8b4.jpg

Hope you like them and feel free to pass comment either with criticism or compliment.. I'm always up for new ideas

Cheers

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Frenchi, Stunning Congratulations :clap::clap: On both Scapes :rolleyes::rolleyes: One Q what happened to the red plants over the arch In the first scape ??
Thank you:)
They sort of worked but if I'm honest they was growing that quickly that I was forever chopping them back and the roots was getting all tangled up in the Java.. It was becoming too much of a hassle in the time I have to look after them if this makes sense ..

Hi Frenchi, Yes it does make sense :thumbup: Less time in maintaining the scape :cool: Worth a go thought ;)
If I'm honest I really did like it that way, it added a touch of colour.. It is looking very healthy right now I just need to stop touching and let it go the way it's going lol

I meant to ask you Frenchi, I noticed that the 85L appears to be a 'Fluval Fresh' aquarium set. I've just been given one as a birthday present (not set up yet), and I was just wondering what you think of it, and how easy was it to set it up? :watching:

I meant to ask you Frenchi, I noticed that the 85L appears to be a 'Fluval Fresh' aquarium set. I've just been given one as a birthday present (not set up yet), and I was just wondering what you think of it, and how easy was it to set it up? :watching:

Personally I like it to a certain extent but your limited with scape due to the position of the filter inlet and outlet :) i messed around with mine and bodged a spray bar on the outlet which made a massive difference.. The lighting is spot on it does all I need :)
So thumbs up from me

Edit: I did buy another filter the 306 rather than the 206 that came with it

Personally I like it to a certain extent but your limited with scape due to the position of the filter inlet and outlet :) i messed around with mine and bodged a spray bar on the outlet which made a massive difference.. The lighting is spot on it does all I need :)
So thumbs up from me

Edit: I did buy another filter the 306 rather than the 206 that came with it

Thanks for your reply. Like I say, I haven't set it up yet, but I did anticipate that the positioning of the filter inlet & outlet pipes would cause restrictions on how you can scape the tank.

great looking tanks :clap:

if you wanted a touch of red back something like apon. crispus red would be a low maintenance solution...
Iain thank you ... Apon yes I forgot about that plant .. I will see if I can source some
Thanks for your reply. Like I say, I haven't set it up yet, but I did anticipate that the positioning of the filter inlet & outlet pipes would cause restrictions on how you can scape the tank.

It's not a huge issue really but I like to hide everything if I can , also I prefer left to right apposed right to left lol .. That's me just a tad ocd...
Also don't have the light too close/low to the tank as I did to start with .. It just created too much algae:)

The 2 scapes are still up and running.. I recently went on holiday for a couple of weeks and had a co2 problem with the smaller tank so had a few dead bits my son was looking after them but doesn't know the signs he just feeds and fertilisers bless him .. It's an open top tank and with the warm weather the water evaporates so the level dropped and the co2 was just been let right out .. But not all is lost :) the worst of it is I had a custom glass top made for when I went away and forgot to put it on ... The largest tank is ok though just a bit overgrown:)

Back