• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Planted Signature

chris-w-89

Hi everyone this is a Signature tank i have setup for just now hope use like it!

Tank- TMC Signature 60 x 45 x 30

Lights- Twin Aquagro Grobeam 600 Ultima

Filter- JBl Cristalprofi e901, 12mm Aquagro inlet & outlet

Substrate- JBL Aquabasis plus 5L, Unipac Senegal sand

Hardscape- Samatra wood, pebbles

Co2- TMC Aquagro 95g, bubble counter, non return, nano diffuser

Ferts- JBl florapol 24 five drops per day, Ferropol 20ml weekly after waterchange.

Plants- Anubias nano Bonzai
Egeria najas
Eleocharis Acicularis
Hygrophila rosea Australis
Ludwigia glandulosa
Vesicularia dubyana

Sorry about the bad pics only able to use iphone camera.

46a2978d6c61f860111b0c9533b6db4e.jpg
832ad7e67776ad9f0564b9823a5ee2fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I made a mistake
Ment to type planted some how managed to get lowtech a didnt notice till posted.

The tank a week later after setup, It is coming along very well!
Kicked in its first water change last night and trimmed the Egeria najas at the back corners.
a5733da149f6f43710c92882ab0d6820.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't have a checker at first and i wasn't giving enough co2 but i decided to upgrade my co2 kit and treated my self to the JBL M602 kit as the 95g kit was kind of getting annoying have the set and switch of so decided to upgrade!
Been on the tank for around a week now with the co2 checker been perfect everyday i had a some diatoms starting to appear so i cut the lights down an hour and i also added a couple of Horned Nerite Snail and the have done the trick and eliminated it for me!

The plants in the tank are doing great apart from my Eleocharis there was a wee bit of die off from it but it is growing slowly but surely!
All my parameters are great apart from silicates it is on the high side, I use tap water for the tank as its apart from it giving me allot of silicate so i don't know wether to switch to RO water and buffer it to suit as it will help reduce the silicates.

Hi Chris,

How you going with those GroBeam lights ? I'm looking into upgrading my light fixture on mine to LED and looking on those - do you think you need more light ? that is enough ? :)

ps : lovely setup !

Sorry for the late reply Proenca!
The tank is doing good but i am getting very slow growth from the eleocharis acicularis and Hygrophila rosae australis.
Regarding the lights i like them allot and i am really happy with them!
They are perfect for the tank size i am still just running them for the 4 hours per day at the moment!
The tank is due a water change and a wee clean will upload a nice wee video after all is done

3b56099df0ba1ee57e3f79c22aef8295.jpg

Update on my tank.
Everything has been going great had one problem with the cabomba though it went totally yellow and practically died off any ideas as to why it does this?
Water Parameters have been spot on every time i check once a week, 30% water change weekly, lights are on 5 hours a day Co2 comes on an hour before and off an hour after the lights.
Got Co2 set to 3 BPS.
I have decided i am going to replace the cabomba with another plant Cardamine lyrata (Japanese cress) it has been one of my favourites for a long time decided to go back it.

d8431763912fd699b2b4b395d0852900.jpg

One of my Otocinclus affins.

Live stock so far -
5 - Thorn nerite snalis
4 - Otocinclus affins
8 - Brachydanio nigrofasciata

I aim to get a nice group of Celestial pearl danio in there aswell at some point

All looking nice and healthy!

Re: The slow Eleocharis growth, my guess with this is, A) It spreads a lot faster when you constantly trim it short, it then puts its energy into growing outward instead of upward. B) I dont know about yours but mine doesnt seem to root all that deeply, if its the same with yours the roots may not be touching your base substrate and getting the nutrients that it holds. I dont have the sand top layer so for me it hasnt mattered.

Back