• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Planura - Tribute to Takashi Amano

Miguel Reis

Hi everyone!

In this second half of the year I’m not thinking in competitions so let’s have fun and try new styles and improve some techniques.

In the 1st of August I cleaned my last layout (my entry to IAPLC, EAPLC and AGA 2015) and made a new one.

I saw some little aquariums from Mr. Takashi Amano in the AquaJournal magazines and I decided to make some identical layout to improve my trimming techniques with stem plants.

Four days after the initial date, I received the news that the person who inspired all my works died so this is my tribute to him!

Thank you Mr. Amano!

Here we go.

My ADA MINI M 36x22x26 with ADA AQUASKY 361
1.jpg

The full system of substrat ADA with Aquasoil AMAZONIA and PowerSand and additives.
5.jpg

The first day. Yes, it doesn’t have hardscape.
6.jpg

Two weeks later.
8.jpg

After that I made the first trimming.
9.jpg

And here, currently after three weeks of grow.
IMG_8588b.jpg

I hope you like.

Regards

Keen to see how this goes. Please do update the thread with regular updates on growth and trim details. I'm trying to learn how to get plants to bush out too.

I forgott to left the setup

Aquarium ADA MINI M (36x22x26cm)

Initial date: August de 2015

Filtration
Eheim 2211 w/ Stilla from Equo.
Lilly pipes Do! Aqua

CO2
Pressurized
Do!Aqua Music Glass 10D.

Ilumination
ADA AQUASKY 361

Substrats
ADA PowerSand S + Penac P + Penac W + Bacter 100 + Clear Super + Tourmaline BC + Aquasoil Amazonia

Plants:
Hemianthus callitrichoides ('Cuba')
Glossostigma Elatinoides
Rotala sp. Green
Rotala Rotundifolia
Rotala sp. Ceylon
Rotala Colorata
Rotala Macandra Green
Hemianthus micranthemoides
Ludwigia Arcuata

Hello people!

57 days after the initial date. Red color is comming! :happy:

I have added cuphea anagalloidea to the right side behind Rotala Colorata to see how this plant grow and some fishes too. The choice was Rasboras Axelrodi Red. I hope the comming weeks are filled with some more colors!

15.jpg

Regards

Very nice. Did you tear it down or any other updates?

This was an amazing tank.
Really good growth and nice to see a tank breaking the hardscape trend and still look beautiful.
And this is coming from someone that loves his hardscaping.

Back