• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Current USA Satellite LED Plus?

_Rob

Hello, has anyone looked into these lights? Current I have only found them on amazon.com but am thinking about getting one shipped to the UK, to test before I buy a second one.

I don't know a huge amount about LED lights, but they seem to use a common Ultra bright 6500K led which has 1000 Lumens with 36 par at 12" and 28 par at 18" (24"-36" Model).

Once I have 2 of of these will this be enough light for a high tech setup? For the price and all the features(I will probably never use) they seem like a pretty good deal, as long as import duty/tax isn't horrendous. Amazon are currently estimating £13 "Import fee deposit" at the checkout page, which should be the only charge I will encounter if I have read all of their documentation correctly.

Thanks

Are you looking at the "Plus Pro" (newest addition to the line) or the "LED +" (shops were offering special pricing on these just before the "Plus Pro's" arrived).
What are your tank dimensions? these lights don't deliver the same intensity as the Kessils/Ecotechs etc
In case you've not seen this comparison page from Current USA - I don't recall the lifetime on these LED's (10 000 or 50 000)

I am looking at the LED + 24" model to fit on a ADA 60P, I have looked through some of the Q&A's on the amazon page and someone has mentioned that this model fits fine on the 60P. If I remember correctly I did see a video which featured the box which said 50 000 hours.

I have just been looking at the Plus Pro edition and it looks very nice. The only problem is that don't ship to the UK.

Note the LED upgrade, you might contact the company directly about when they'll be shipping this model out ... are you looking for a version complete with plugs etc or will you do that yourself?

I'll probably just swap the plugs myself. I found a seller on ebay which will ship to the UK with $40 import charges.

I have just been looking at the Plus Pro edition and it looks very nice. The only problem is that don't ship to the UK.

I just tried to order one of these from Amazon and also got the message that they can't ship it to my address in the UK.

Has anyone found one for sale in the UK yet? If so where please?

Cheers,

Steve.

i just got a plus pro. very happy with it.

the plus is about the same as a single t5 (approx) the pro is the better unit. read my thread for more details if you have not already. :)

I use the current satellite plus model along with Finnex Fugeray planted plus on 80 U.S. gal low tech.
Gives me medium light and I do like the feature on the satellite plus that when selected ,slowly run's through all the color's of the spectrum which I use sometimes at night when guest's wish to view the tank while visiting.
Fishes hate the lightning strikes feature however.

Back