• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Update and query!

Worshiper

Hi UKAPS gurus!

So a quick update on my tank and another question:)..Why are my plants losing their nice green colour? You can see the new DHG (bright green) just planted Vs. the rest of the plants done about 2 weeks ago from my earlier tank not so green. Seems like they are loosing their bright green colour.

I EI dose from co2art
Inject co2 from a sodastream cylinder and use the aqualantis light which has the power of 2 T5HO bulbs.
Most of the plants pearl too
What defenciency do you think the plants have?o_O
Haven't performed any readings on the water. No fish in there till now. What checks can I do?
20598632155_755972a8ca.jpg

Thanks Greenfinger. Was told the same thing by the shop that sold the EI Kit to me so just yesterday i added Mgso4 when doin the water change as they advised. Hope to see a difference soon!
Will update more pics as soon as i see a change. ;)

Thanx Martin. I have raised my co2 levels too the past week. Hopeful to see some changes. I dont have any fish in there so shouldnt be an issue. Will wait for the plants to pick up before i add any fish.
The tenellus keeps sending out runners which are healthy for a couple of days and then back to the same story.

The past few weeks i have lowered my light intensity by adding some frosted plastic sheets below the light unit. It has dropped the intensity compared to what it was earlier.
Increased the internal filter flow and co2.

I have been getting some blackish gunk like stuff on the leaves. It comes off a bit when I rub my fingers on it. Also got GSA on the H tripartita. Any tests I can do apart from checkin my Co2 levels which is ok?

Never assume your CO2 levels are OK, when you see any form of algae 90% of the time its due to CO2 not being OK. Soda stream CO2 isn't the most stable and fluctuating CO2 is very often the cause of algae outbreak...treat your tank as a low tech (non CO2) tank first and take it slowly a nudge up when everything is going well. Testing (except for CO2 and KH) is useless as test kits are absolute not accurate.

Back