• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trigon 350 HELP

dean

ok I bought this many years ago as it was the biggest one I could get away with
Now that I'm trying my hand at plants I realise the corner shape plus the bow front is just a nightmare to scape

Has anyone got any pics or suggestions for a suitable scape

It will be have to be low tech

The only thing I can think of is a pile of wood Central ( even if you put it of centre it looks central depending on the angle you view it at anyway)
Make it substrate to surface and cover in plants then plant up substrate with crypts

It has good flow with two externals

Please give me ideas or better still pics

Thanks
Dean

Hi Dean,
I had aTrigon 190 for over ten years that went through at least five different scapes over that time. Check out some of the photos in the threads at the foot of this post. One of them involved building two rock walls using plastic egg shell crating and lava rock..

With a bit of imagination, some patience and a bit of hard work you can defeat the problem of a corner tank without just piling everything up in the middle.

Cheers,
Steve

Hi Dean,

I just checked out one of the links for one of my journals, The Fallen Wilderness and most of the photographs have disappeared I'm afraid. I have just found a load of them on an old hard drive and need to upload the back on to Photobucket and I think they might come back on the journal.

For the time being I am going to drop a few in this thread for you. Hope you don't mind.

Cheers,

Steve

Just a few to give you some ideas;)

118_1839_zpsadzykesv.jpg

118_1837_zpsf5iphkmc.jpg

118_1835_zpsymdm2tcg.jpg

Gettingthere.jpg

Backlight2.jpg

101_0292_zpsfpkvvmri.jpg

101_0295_zpskvmrjeez.jpg

101_0297_zps3tfxobkt.jpg

101_0310_zps1ghgtf1n.jpg

101_0357.jpg

101_0343.jpg

101_0342.jpg

101_0341.jpg

101_0337.jpg

101_0369_zpsoyhxi758.jpg

101_0381_zpscpqfxr3e.jpg

Sorry for putting so many photos up, I got a bit carried away. But as you can see there is more to a Trigon Corner Tank than just puting an island in the middle.

Best of luck, with Trigon 350 you can make it look the business.

Cheers,

Steve

Got to say that is about the best Trigon set up I've seen.

I've not been able to get plants bushy and tall like that. What's the secret?!

Got to say that is about the best Trigon set up I've seen.

I've not been able to get plants bushy and tall like that. What's the secret?!
Hi Jagillham,
I built 2 x walls, one for each side out of plastic egg shell crating, tied lava rock to each wall and planted each wall with plants all the way up. I modified the front and back lid to take two extra T8 tubes, so I had the two in the middle plus two smaller ones front and back. Although most of the pictures are missing in the Fallen Wilderness Journal the write up is till there.
If you need any more info just let me know.
Cheers
Steve

Great photos :)
(& very kind of you to dust off the archives to get these on here :D)

The spotlight LED's & small tile LED's should make lighting easier to sort on these triangle style tanks

Back