• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter for 110L long tank

Dark Storm

Seedling
Needs to be strong enough to support plant life, but soft enough to keep Gourami in. Thanks in advance :)
Recommendations of make please, i'm currently leaning towards fluval, as I currently have one and it's nice and quiet.
Also, will I need to add a airstone, or can i get away with not needing one? Neither of my tanks run with one, and fish/plants are fine.

Ok, so I glanced at some Fluval and Juwel external filters and the first thought that crossed my mind was how would I even begin to be able put one of these in a low unit? :( So going to look at HOB filters next, as there are some nicely discreet ones out there.

Now why didn't I think of just putting it next to the tank and disguising it so it's not going to spoil my view? Silly me lol!

Hi Dark Storm,
When i started out i was in a rush to have a lush planted tank like we see on this site and went out and brought a filter i could afford over what the tank needed, big mistake! I have a 90L cube, with a Fluval 206 (200 lph), this was not man enough, so i had to go out and buy 2 powerheads. Frustratingly this turned my tank in to a washing machine... over the last 9 months i have tried multiple combinations of filter outlets and powerheads in different places. Finally i have found a combo that works for me. Fluval 206 with a spray bar kit the length of the tank (fixed to the back of the tank facing forward) and one 1000 lph powerhead in the middle of the tank ( mounted below spray bar = good flow, happy plants, happy fish and a happy Jim.
Jim

Back