• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Blue in Green

that's growing in very nicely. Like Troi said, love the simplicity.

I've added a bit of Blyxa Japonica around the wood, it looks like it's all melting at the moment but it's only been in for three days so hopefully it can adjust and thrive. The rest of my plants are doing excellent, touch wood, I've never had such a healthy and nicely growing tank.

I'm thinking maybe I should have gone for a smaller plant (monte carlo or something) rather than the Blyxa but I'll see how it gets on.

Anyway, the crappy phone pic........

june.jpg

Absolutely love the feel of this tank - the fish look fantastic too. Very complimentary colours. :thumbup:

Thanks twg. They're 'Diamond head' neon tetras, my photos never capture just how shiny they are.

I forgot to mention that I swapped for EI dosing to Tropica specialized ferts, my tank seems to be much healthier as a result.

Cheers

James

It seems like ages since I posted.

This weekend I had to strip this one down. It was growing ok but was suffering from that white fungus that grows on the wood, I'd been removing it for months in the hope it would sort itself out but it actually got worse and worse and in the end I got sick of it. I'm amazed at how quickly it grew and spread, if only my plants could do that!

Anyway, I'm taking a rest from the high-maintenance approach, I've replaced the wood with a few stones and I'm just having a bit of moss in there. I'll start a new thread when I've got a few pics.

Cheers

James

Here we go, I always say it but it actually looks quite nice in real life! (My rocks certainly don't look that dark normally)

I'm adding CO2 and keeping my lights fairly bright at the moment but I'll dial them both down once I've got some nice bushy fissidens, it does look a bit sparse at the moment.

I also added 6 Kitty Tetras, they're a bit small and grey now but hopefully they'll colour up.

IMG_1669_1.jpg

That's a nice stone arrangement, James!

Looking great!

Ever thought about adding some HCC or Eleocharis Mini to cover the substrate completely?
What kind of stones are these? They look great!

Love your layout!

Cheers Iceman. To be honest I've already got more plants in there than I wanted, I was planning to take a break from planted tanks. I would have liked to do something more sophisticated with my rocks, but as I was able to lift out my old hardscape in one go I decided to set this one up without removing the substrate or fish.

All my rock is free. Have you heard of the Horseshoe Pass near Llangollen? These there are literally mountains of these stones lying around (slate quarry rejects I think).

I might be wrong again, but your rocks look like black basalt for me. They're hard to make good layout with, mostly because they have mostly flat surface and many straight lines on edges. But your tank is trully beauty. Like it very much.

Back