• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do I need an LED controller?

Joe Turner

I'm running a TMC GroBeam 600 on around 60 litres of water, without a controller. Pressurised CO2 injection, liquid fertilisers and JBL Plant Soil.

The tank is a couple of days old, but I'm aware I'm running the light at 100%, around 10 cm from the water surface.

Plants include:

HC 'Cuba'
Monte Carlo
Didiplis diandra

amongst others...

I have read about the TMC LED Dimmer, on a separate thread.

Can I use this on my GroBeam? Is it necessary, even with 50% water changes every day for the first week to ten days?

Thanks in advance

I would use a dimmer, I imagine that you wouldn't want it running at any higher than 50% to start with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woooo. Very bright light, I would run at 10-20% for 4-5 hours at first month or two until tank is fully cycled. At 100% you will vaporise the plants to mush providing algae with plentiful food.

So start low and short to give things a chance to settle down. Then slowly increase brightness and time.

woooo. Very bright light, I would run at 10-20% for 4-5 hours at first month or two until tank is fully cycled. At 100% you will vaporise the plants to mush providing algae with plentiful food.

So start low and short to give things a chance to settle down. Then slowly increase brightness and time.

I thought as much... Do you know if the TMC LED Dimmer is compatible with my GroBeam, or do I have to fork out extra for a controller?

Thanks

I thought as much... Do you know if the TMC LED Dimmer is compatible with my GroBeam, or do I have to fork out extra for a controller?

Thanks
I think that for the GroBeams you need the controller (Aquaray Control). It adds to the cost but you will have lots of algae/unhealthy plants otherwise...

P

Back