• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mordor's Borders

Pedro Rosa

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. The great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire, ash, and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume."

—The Fellowship of the Ring, The Council of Elrond

day1-2-assin.jpg

Mordor's Borders

Mordor was a black volcanic plain in the southeast of Middle-earth to the East of Gondor, Ithilien and the great river Anduin. Mordor was chosen to be Sauron's fortress because of the mountain ranges surrounding it on three sides, creating a natural fortress against his enemies.
Mordor was protected from three sides by large mountain ranges, arranged roughly in a rectangular manner: Ash Mountains in the north, Ephel Dúath in the west and south. In the northwest corner of Mordor the deep valley of Udûn was the only entrance for large armies, and that is where Sauron built the Black Gate of Mordor.

in http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Mordor, 2015.09.22, 17h00

(this one cries for some LotR miniatures ascending the path:lol:)

Big Spoiler :D I don't have any miniatures from LotR, only others, so i haven't done it but I had that thought from the beggining :D

As you can tell from my Avatar I was always gonna love the title!
Subscribed.

Andy, so you hate the layout :p
(I'm joking, obviously).

Andy, so you hate the layout :p
(I'm joking, obviously).

The layout is superb (as always)!

What is the plan for planting? Not a lot of healthy greenery in Mordor. Maybe grow a beautiful scape and let it become infested with algae. Should fit right into the theme! (That was definitely a joke! )

I feel........I feel............hmmm......oh, yes.....I feel an army of Bucephalandra aproaching...............:watching:

Love the layout and love the title along with all the LOTR and hobbit films so defiantly subscribed and watching with my ever watchful eyes

Thanks Dean

The layout is superb (as always)!
What is the plan for planting? Not a lot of healthy greenery in Mordor. Maybe grow a beautiful scape and let it become infested with algae. Should fit right into the theme! (That was definitely a joke! )

Andy, sp. mini between the upper rocks (right) and cuba a little lower also between rocks. Three or four species of Bucephalandras at the front and at the back (Brown Mettalica at the front and Mini-Catherine at the back). Some Queen Moss at the front. No stem plants. This will be a light planted tank so that hardscape will be mostly visible.

I feel........I feel............hmmm......oh, yes.....I feel an army of Bucephalandra aproaching...............:watching:

hummmm... we have someone that reads our minds. Be careful guys :nailbiting:
:D

:D Great! Maybe Andy have some spares...

Two of my favourite things LOT and scaping. I did a tank years ago sort of imaging what endor looked like after the war. Used some broken walkers and an AT-AT let the foliage grow over them it looked pretty good. But it was well before I got into scaping properly. You may have inspired me to give the concept another shot.
Looking forward to seeing you progress with this tank.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

For all the LotR lovers I should say and be very honest that the suggestion of the name was given to me by Florence Matton on Facebook. I posted the picture and ask for any names and she remembered "Mortor's Plains" (I didn't use plains because we saw mountains on this scape).
So I didn't tried to replicate Mordor's Plains or Mountains but found the name really interesting and valid for the aquarium.

Nevertheless, MightyPumpkin, i'm glad to have inspired you to do so.

Pedro.

- hmmmm.....somehow my "mindreading" should have revealed that one, coming along.........:rolleyes:. An obvious choice, since quite "infest-uous",,
- is there a possibility of Lomariopsis Lineata, joining the party ???:wideyed:

Yes, it should :rolleyes:
No, that one i found to "big" to join the party but it's being "cultivated" near me so that it can jump there when needed :smug:

Well... this aquarium did not grew like i wanted. The hardscape was difficult and i did not achieve the proportions i would like with these plants.
It was dismantled some months ago.
Nevertheless i made the video with the step-by-step. Here it is.

Back