• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Weeping moss – Rock-Lava-Unzan

Nice2one

Seedling
Hi Guys

I wanted to ask if any of you had any luck or experience with getting weeping moss to attach to stones or lava stones ?

The reason why I ask is that I bought 3 XL ADA Unzan stones, and I want to cover them with weeping moss or any other moss that in time will attach and cover the stones while growing.

It’s also important to mention that I am not a big fan of the fluffy moss type to this project.

The surface on the Unzan stones is similar to lava stones.

Light wise I have around 0,4/0,5 Watt/L

Anyway the important questions is, do you guys think it will be possible to attach weeping moss to my Unzan stones?

Thanks

BR Keen

Hi Nce2one

I have different species of mosses attached to lava stones. No problem at all. Regarding the Unzan stone I remember an ADA video in which they use super huge Unzan stones wrapped with moss (using fishing line). It takes some time but mosses attach to most of the surfaces.

Jordi

Weeping, in my experience is one of the types that tended to come loose when it grew denser. I did superglue mine last time i did it on rock. Probably due to it's natural shading as it layers on top of each other. Tieing it on will probably give it a much better footing in the long term thou.

Back