• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anti-Virus software

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Hello fellow Windows users ;)

For those running Windows and do not want to fork out for an AV package to protect your system and keep it running smoothly I would recommend 360 Total Security.

http://www.360totalsecurity.com/en/

I have been running this on all my computers for a few months and its very good, very light on the system unlike most AV packages, auto detects when you go to certain sites to protect against card payments etc...

One click scan and one click repair button, ability to speed up your boot times by removing the programs that are added automatically to startup when you install them even if you don't want them to start. Clean up all the junk on your computer, web caches, temp files, etc...

Even checks windows and other software updates for you and with a single click downloads and installs them for you.

Can't beat it!
Enjoy

Thanks Paulo, I've always used AVG (free edition), it's easy to use and reliable but I think AVG make you pay for all the extras you get free with 360 so I'll give it a whorl.

Thanks Paulo, I've always used AVG (free edition), it's easy to use and reliable but I think AVG make you pay for all the extras you get free with 360 so I'll give it a whorl.

This is what Ive been using as well for a year with great results. But yes the free version is only basic protection.

Though I don't doubt it works, I probably wouldn't trust AVG at this point. Guess that depends on how awful your search history is though...
I don't see any major issue with doing this, all the browsers and search engines already "personalise" the advertising you see based on what you've been looking at.

Cheers Paulo,
I'll check this one out.

Yeah, that's a fair point. I'm using chrome, logged in, and with Facebook open in another tab right now; AVG wouldn't exactly be the only bit of software rolling it's eyes as I do another search for substrate types... Still, all the other stuff keeping tabs on me I can avoid with a bit of fuss if I wanted to; nobody's going to want to temporarily disable their firewall though.

Back