• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bubble counter

Michaelwoods

Seedling
Hi everyone, I'm having an issue with my CO2 art bubble counter, it seems the CO2 is pushing the water in the bubble counter along the tubing. The bubble counter is then just over half full of water, this does not seem correct to me. Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

This happens with high working pressures (> 2 bar) and the effect is worse with the metal on-regulator bubble counters which have a smaller volume to hold water.

Do you have an inline atomiser (on the filter outlet tube)? i think this makes things worse as when the CO2 comes on, the gas needs to fill the CO2 tube and atomiser after it. Then there also is the 'pulling power' of the filter (not quite sure what to call that). Anyway the result is when the gas comes on, the amount of bubbles is insane for a minute or so until it settles down as the atomiser and CO2 tube are filled.

I became tired of having an empty bubble counter so i stopped using the metal one and went back to using a plastic one made by Up.

P

Thank you for your reply, I am using an inline atomiser, I have refilled the bubble counter and ensuring it is stuck to the glass pointing up. Things seem to be better.

Back