• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Small Aquarium Plants

GotCrabs

I'm after a list of small aquarium plants, besides the ones I know of such as HC, Glosso, Dwarf Hairgrass, whatelse is there? Are there small Crypts? Other carpeting plants? Oh, besides Mosses ofcourse.

:) There are many, look at a plant webshop listing "forground plants" and you'll also find crypts.. With sciccors you can do a lot. So what do you consider small? It relates to the size of the tank!? :) And how large are you allowing a plant to grow, so that's why you'll also find plants with potention to grow rather large still as forground option!?

Some rather small in my tank are:
Micranthemum sp. Monte Carlo
Bolbitis heteroclita difformis
Pogostemon helferi
Anubias 'Petite'
Utricularia graminifolia
Lilaepsis Brasiliensis
Rotala Mexicana Goias, is such a plant, very easy, but let it go and it will grow to large for a nano scape as forground better suited as midground even with background potential.
Staurogyne repens also as above, cut - replant, to keep low you have to force them to creep.

Yeah was mainly thinking of plants that reach say no higher than 10cm, I realise that you can trim but didn't have that in mind.

@zozo, Bolbitis heteroclita difformis, Pogostemon helferi, Lilaepsis Brasiliensis are all nice.

@Edvet, Lilaeopsis spp, another nice carpeting plant isn't it.

@Jose, Hydrocotyle sp. japan, Marsilea Hirsuta, Crypt Parva, love these, exactly what I had in mind.

@Dantrasy, didn't even know these existed, look so thin and fragile.

Back