• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Carpeting plant suggestion ... need your opinion!

Roman B

Hello there!

I have tried to grow HC as carpet plant, didn't work for me. went brownish (due to small diatom outbreak i guess) some did melt and my barbs were uprooting it :D Still growing it emersed ... green and thick. so might give it another try someday.
As for now I'm wondering what to try next?
My light is 0,5wpl (2wpg) T8... gonna upgrade someday to LED.
Im having a good grow on S.Repens. thinking to trim it and try to carpet it. But i guess with my light it gonna grow tall.
Any suggestion from you guys what gonna look nice and grow nice under my light ?

PS ... sorry for oversized photo :)

IMG_0948.jpg

Glossostigma is a great carpet plant, give the HC another crack.

Even I've had success with this:lol:

Yeah... I've heard that it's easier than HC, does it has better root system than HC ? as with JBL Manado... it were hard to keep it in place )

Marsilea would be a much better "root'er", than both Hem. cuba and Monte Carlo. Both of those have quite weak root-structure. Marsilea will tolerate your tank-conditions, but is a slower grower. Once established it will be one of the best, to withstand the atacks of your barbs.
- and on a side-note; dark(-ish) green colour of leaves of Marsilea hirsuta would compliment the plants on your pic.s very well, IMO.

Hello there!

I have tried to grow HC as carpet plant, didn't work for me. went brownish (due to small diatom outbreak i guess) some did melt and my barbs were uprooting it :D Still growing it emersed ... green and thick. so might give it another try someday.
As for now I'm wondering what to try next?
My light is 0,5wpl (2wpg) T8... gonna upgrade someday to LED.
Im having a good grow on S.Repens. thinking to trim it and try to carpet it. But i guess with my light it gonna grow tall.
Any suggestion from you guys what gonna look nice and grow nice under my light ?

PS ... sorry for oversized photo :)

IMG_0948.jpg

Back