• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stunted rotala rotundifolia

I am not allowed to give info on production, ofcourse............but I can tell you, this product is done purely sterile in a laboratory.

I understand of course, didn't think about that... Sorry for asking.

I found with this plant that it needs to be kept clean of debris try to ensure that its in some flow ie moving slightly.. Or regular waft around to clean it .. I'm no expert but have tried it with this plant :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have similiar problem with my rotalal too. Half of them are added to the tank 3 weeks ago (lefts side ) they are tropica's R. Rotundifoulia ,right hand side are mostly some if trimmings I bought from the forum.They grow tall very nicely but leaves dont look like the way I want,less numbers of the leaves and not red -copper colouring.
Pressurised CO2,EI ferts,good circulation and good lights but it does not get any better.
2015-10-18%2018.04.15.jpg

2015-10-18%2018.04.00.jpg

I found decreasing my dosing to half EI has helped to produce the proper leaf shape, although it is still relatively inconsistant, I have noticed some stunted tips in the last few days so it is by no means a complete solution, I have yet to notice any deficiencies apart from occasional pale leaves most likely due to a magnesium deficiency.

Like I said before, Kadir - there are really many different variations of Rotala rotundifolia going around the aquarium hobby. They differ some in growth habit and differ a lot in colour. Some will be allmost only green, some pink, some red, some orange and some yellow in nuances, if grown side by side under exactly same conditions.
My guess is, you just have two different varieties.......

Back