• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish for aquarium - top water fish.

Could somebeody please help in identify some fish that will stay fish in the top part of the tank, I currenty have 12 rummies & 12 cardinals which showl together they are always at the bottom of the tank, 12 odessa barbs - middle water fish and 12 harlequins which middle to top and I would like some more top water fish but don't which to put in - any thoughts.

Regards
Paul

Pencil fish!! Lovely. Take your pick with what one's.

Hatchet fish would be good but you need to be careful if your tank is open top.

There are loads of amazing killifish that make excellent surface and upper water swimmers, but like the hatchets they need a well fitting lid to stop them ending up on the floor!

jay said:
Pencil fish!! Lovely. Take your pick with what one's.

Hatchet fish would be good but you need to be careful if your tank is open top.

I've only seen my pencil fish near the surface since I've added my Amazon Frogbit (floating plant) as they live amongst the roots. Other than that, they stay in the rest of the plants.

Anything will swim at the surface with enough co2. :twisted:
If you look at the mouth of the fish if it appears to point upwards, like guppies and killi fish then odds are it will stay near the surface.

Back