• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CAVE my first mini shrimp tank

Greezmen

hi this is my first DSM tank 40x20x20 cm .
using 20w 6500 k philips 10 h no co2. ada amazonia powder hardscape 3x seiryu stone. plants HC,EA, ARmini ,SR , riccia in gel for regrow in unplanted space.
hardscape design fits cave like scenario.
24ca2e2671b4b847c0dafdbf668d4065.jpg
first hardscape photo and planted
e10b6f8b1384df2bf1931939dc857558.jpg
wish me luck :) thanx for any advice in progress

Very nice design.

Were you going to include the yellowish rock in the final scape? It looks out of place due to it'a color etc.

ty :) dragon stone in sand was idea of little island on sand arounded by riccia .bad first photo... i think classic red bee will contrast well not yet decided. will post better photo soon :)

you'd better make a solid rock wall on the edge between soil and sand. Or very soon your shrimps will mix it. The chain of smaller rocks or properly planted on this area would help.

I like the second one better (the 12L), although a fts would make it easier to see ;) I;d totally cover all the dw with moss and leave all the rock bare. hc everywhere else.

Is this still landscape rock? As 5678 said, it is not advisable to use this in a bee tank especially such a small tank. It will suffer big swings in hardness.

update: dry start tank doing well only AR mini was damaged by shipping so it molded replaced by SR. little rescape needed because no support for main stone . primary objective HC carpet done.. photo soon.
12l went wrong after trying to put tree with moss destroyed scape again so i decide to go only with stones simple as it is..
amateur mistakes from begining but plants doing great submerged too ! left side was planted later than right so not covered yet.
81a749c3ee6b86edf39891f60f0237a6.jpg

this is right side of 12l submerged from begining and after first trim

2d41c34687162f23e5806fc10244c8f0.jpg
mobile phone only for now.. so far all plants doing well
other forum member sugested pair of dario dario for contrast hope i can get them soon.
and some red plants like ar mini

Back