• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Stocking Iwagumi

fleetEWD

Stocking my first open style tank has become it seems a poorly researched element. With plant thickets as such to hide in what fish would not be stressed by this type of environment? Rasboras seem to come from brackish waters how about tetra?
TIA.

Depending on the size of the tank I would say a school of rummynose tetras or cherry barbs if you want a different look.

Another option for a smaller tank could be celestial pearl danios. But they normally prefer some coverage so might not be crazy active.

Shrimp also look amazing in tanks like that so if you haven't considered them I definitely would get some :)

Ember tetras are a good choice. On mass they look like a moving shape of orange (a nice contrast in scapes that are mostly green). They tend to school ok too.

Thanks. I love the look of Rasbora, smaller the better. Have never seen the Sundadnio stocked in any of the shops near me though. But the Ember Tetra are cheap and plentiful near me.

Thanks. I love the look of Rasbora, smaller the better. Have never seen the Sundadnio stocked in any of the shops near me though. But the Ember Tetra are cheap and plentiful near me.
Hi,
Go for embers, they are great little fish, quite curious, interesting to watch and their colour will get really nice after a few days in your tank.
Cheers,
Manu

Back