• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Grobeam for 160 liter

ted31

Seedling
I'm in the process of putting together a 100cm/160 liter aquarium. I plan to use 3 tmc grobeam 500 and one grobeam 600 over the aquarium for the lighting. Is that more then enough to grow a healthy planted aquarium? Lighting wise? I'm using Ei and pressurised co2.

Any news on what your doin ted I've been havin a look myself what to do been looking at co2art LED unit just sayin reply meant to be better for planted aquariums

I plan to use 4 tmc grobeam on a marina style 160 aquarium. I'm not a 100% sure if it's too much or too little. What do you think. If it's enough I'll start off slow and work up to full brightness in a three week period.

I've just bought the co2art LED unit got it delivered literally 5 mins ago after I set it up I will give you my views but it looks good at the moment just opened it up and it was bright and only 95 quid got a bargain :)

I've read a lot about getting LEDs I heard TMC under low dimming will whistle with electricity but it's just what I read so I never went down that route

I already have used the grobeam 500's and have used them for 3 years no problems on a 75 liter. Ive bought a grobeam 600 to upgrade to a 160 liter aquarium.

Oh nice do you have dimmers on them and do they whistle with the electricity? Do you get food plant growth with them?

I've had the controllers for them from the start

No whistle from the grobeam 500's. Haven't used the 600 yet so don't know if I'll get the whistling noise yet.

So..... is 4 tmc grobeams enough light for medium light 100cm 160 litre aquarium. Anyone with experience?

The high pitched whine was on the 1500 tiles when they were not at 100% I had first had experience of this but also first had experience of TMC's first class service when I escalated it to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With regards to the whistling, I read somewhere, not sure if on here. The issue was a capacitor that they had used. The issue has been rectified but if you have a defective unit that whistles they will take it back and replace the component. In fact I am sure it was in one of the journals on here.

So..... is 4 tmc grobeams enough light for medium light 100cm 160 litre aquarium. Anyone with experience?
Depends on the tile you are using 4 grobeam 600 will be overkill and you will need to dim them down quite a bit

Back