• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tmc signature 60 planted

Hi George :wave:

Your taller plants seem to be doing better than the lower compact plants. Try sticking your CO2 diffuser under the koralia.

That should get the gas down to the substrate :thumbup:

How's it going George?

plus i had no money to replace the co2, and a massive bloom appeared, was just too much work, now im thinking easy plants and water changes once fortnightly

Been honest, I don´t know what is happening here, Is a very long thread and has evolved poorly. I´ll recomend you to try easier plants that are really beautiful. Cryptocorynes and bolbitits are some of my favorite plats and are easy plants !! A nice piece of driftwood with java or christmas moss and some bolbitis and/or microsorum may work with some slim vallisneria nana and/or hygrophyla polisperma at the back. A mix of medium-small size cryptocorynes in the middle-front area with some moss on stones and a cler beach of cosmetic sand at the front will complement the background plants. Some pencilfish or tertras swimming in there, or maybe a more traditional look with rasboras and barbs.

Hi George, sorry to hear your tank has had problems, it was recovering well:( I think a low tech approach is probably your best option which @Robert H. Tavera mentioned, you can have a lovely tank with minimal fuss. Will you start a journal for your new low tech tank?
Jim

hmm, no i wouldnt say so, i was dosing ferts so the plants could get nutrients whether from the water or the substrate, there was a time when i was thinking top soil, because i was getting all sorts of issues, in the end cyano and cloudy water was the death of me !!
low tech definately this time !!! then slow changes

Members have used this substrate with success!
Valley of Colours journal rings a bell!
Its just my opinion....I recon this substrate would take a very long time to get fully seeded with bacteria and nutrients from the water column!
If your going low tech try Colombo Flora Base if your going to change the substrate!
hoggie

_DSC3626_zpsw8teet30.jpg

tank at the mo

I use Aqua basis and manado top, it does take along time to get good cation exchange going, and yes it's bad at keeping the plants anchored but not what I think the problem was here. George did a great job at cleaning up the tank from when it was at its worst, but the tank needed much more plant biomass, anyway enough of me. Good luck with the low tech tank George.

It's a blank canvas George, fun times ahead designing layout and plant composition, any idea what substrate you will go with, JBL Manado again ;)
Jim

Back