• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plants dying

robert2191

Finally set my new 395l tank up last week was really happy until I noticed I connected my co2 reactor wrong so went to change the pipe over and broke it went online ordered a new one straight away but took nearly a week to arrive and now my plants have melted and leaves are dying.
Have they gone like that because of no co2 or is it the lighting is not enough?
I thought (was hoping) it would take longer for plants to die
Lightning is 4 54w but only 2 running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it wouldn't have helped and you may have answered your own question. If people have to stop Co2 for any reason then its common to reduce the lighting or leave it off. Depending on what plants you have they may recover if you get your Co2 right.

Well it wouldn't have helped and you may have answered your own question. If people have to stop Co2 for any reason then its common to reduce the lighting or leave it off. Depending on what plants you have they may recover if you get your Co2 right.
Thanks had a feeling thats what i done wrong

Last edited:
Your co2 issue won't have helped, don't beat yourself up though. Most new tanks will have some plant melt while things settle down

Back