• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant-less scape

as long as you're OK to do daily water changes if needed, another 8-10 of these fish should be fine - how big are they? they look small
Sorry I can't recall tank dimensions or water pH, the more alkaline the pH, the less tolerance for any ammonia.

You might just let the wood-life build until shrimp arrive ;) neons may enjoy picking at it as well

How's this setup progressing?...any pic updates....I'm expecting a huge shoal of blinding green neons :)

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply tank is ticking along nicely very hard to get pics as only using tablet or phone at the min , currently have 9 green neon tetras in and 5 neon tetras and 1 otto, the stores local never had green ones in and wanted some fish for bairns so got the normal neons then just got stock recently so got the greens and prefer them by a mile much better looking and smaller

6b72b0fc9cd5445b613e5c14b30b8aa7.jpg

c204c35c9cb22dc4ea004f045034dbbe.jpg

8f3c46bff02f44f1f1bb1688ce4629f9.jpg

Going to get another 6 or so greens and another otto i think. One thing i couldnt belive is the amount of poo that was on my sand when i only had 2 greens and the neons as only got another 7 greens yesterday , anyway i had the shrimp filter guard over lilly pipe and was covered in poo but ontop of the sand there was huge amounts of poo maybe i should get a deep lilly pipe inflow and not the mini one as much higher in the water . Obviously will be doing larger water change every week so not huge problem.

Also getting bored without plants already haha defiently staying low tech as just dont have time for high tech

Thanks for reading
Dean

Back