• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Konrad's Iwagumi

Hi all,
As this is my first journal the write up may not be perfect especially because English ain't my first language so I may struggle to express of what I would like to say sometimes.
After I got a bit bored with my first fish tank I decided to make changes and basically start it all over again. Initially I wasn't sure what I really want to see while sitting in the sofa and chilling out. The main problem for me was a poor selection of "building" materials in my local fish shops so I cheated a bit and while I was on holiday in Poland I bought a hardscape already designed by one of the Polish aquascapers and posted it to UK by a courier. During inspection on French-British border some rocks got completely crushed and had to replace/fix them later on. Everything was waiting a couple of months before I pushed myself to get it all done but gladly I've managed to put the puzzles together.

So here are some info about the specs
Tank And Cabinet - TMC Signature (900x450x450)
Light - Arcadia Luminaire (4x39w T5)
CO2 - 5kg Fire Extinguisher, UP Aqua inline diffuser
Substrate - CAL Aqua Labs - Black Earth
Ferts - Ferka
Plants - Micranthemum Monte Carlo, Eleocharis Vivipara, Eleocharis sp, Eleocharis Acicularis Mini, Hygrophillia Araguaia, Hemianthus Callitrihoides Cuba, Aeshynomene Fluitans
Live Stock - Neon Tetra, Copper Rasbora, Amano Shrimp, Red Cherry Shrimp, Ottocinclus Affinis, Pygmy Corrydoras

Pictures will be added soon.

Last edited:
Nice Hardscape :thumbup: Not sure about the 2 rocks far right back and front though?? They just look wrong with the rest of the hardscape ??

Looking forward to seeing this one come together :)

Good point. Those (and not only) were the broken pieces, which I was writing about. The front right will nearly disappear in the hairgrass, the far right should get covered with Monte Carlo and Araguaia (hopefully).

Fantastic! What a healthy Eleocharis carpet you will soon have, hardscape looks great!
Thanks Joe. The photo was taken a while ago. The one from the middle to the right (sp. mini) is doing perfectly well and shooting rooners everywhere. The one from the middle to the left (acicularis mini), which was taken from my previous hardscape was not so willing to grow (no idea why) that's why I had to trimm it right down to the soil level. I had the same issues with HC so most of it has been replaced with Monce Carlo, which is slightly too big. Also loads of E. Vivipara on the back already coming out of the tank so will have to shorten it a bit as soon as possible. Hopefully I will find more time to take some photos too.

As rocks started getting a little bit green from algae my cleaning crew turned up immediately, unluckily they are not perfect for the job.
IMG_1227-1_zps5daglrfi.jpg
IMG_1211-1_zpsiicihohx.jpg

Last edited:
Back