• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60g High tech- first planted tank

Sure thing I'll try to get that done after my water change and what not, so let's say tomorrow ish if not tonight but my tonight is your morning almost lol so tomorrow it is =.]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really liking this.

Can you list out your plants and what is where in the tank?
so ill just list out the plants and try my best to say whats where!

Carpeting plant is Dwarf hair grass
The plant at the front of the stump and the two sides is helferi
moss on driftwood is Fissidens Mini
Plant that is around the whole front he of the driftwood and sides is S repens
Plant behind driftwood to left and right is AR Mini
Plant to the right of the ar mini on the left side of the tank is True rotala
Plant behind that is Pogostemon Erectus
Plant in far left back corner that looks like long strands of grass is Cyperus helfer
Plant that is on the driftwood in multiple spots is Anubias nana var petite.
Plant in front of the driftwood in the middle of the water collum is Sp Japan
Plant Directly behind the driftwood is Hygrophila Pinnatifida
Plant mixed in with Hygrophila is Ludwigia sp red.

I hope i was able to describe where everything is and what everything is! Thanks. Hopefully i didn't leave any out!

So I am in the process of getting all my shrimp!! I ended up going to ro/di and I must say the plants are really starting to grow in more natural every week! Here are pics of the shrimp!
Ss-sss with a few s
9788f907e05c17ef2d81720a3781c214.jpg

They are in a holding tank with the correct parameters for them so no substrate
1f74a6e74edad140004520fd8dfca88b.jpg

I'll post more pics tomorrow. Forgot I deleted a good amount of them after using them on a different forum.
And just for fun, look at these stems I pulled out of my emersed setup!
The second pic is ar mini I promise you lol
eddcca1578d3285bc17d8ae9e5da3f12.jpg
cd0f5143569b9667238271f939109ba6.jpg

Lol I think I have some type of chemical spill in the tank haha
5908b3bae65e44ae6dbaa06ac7fad5cc.jpg

Oh and before I forget oh gosh I'm all over the place with posts right now lol but anyways I will be getting g my second shrimp shipment in on ether Thursday or Friday!!!

Its been soso long since my last update! I will be putting out new pictures very soon(early dec) just waiting to get some levels and algae that popped up during my time away for a month. I think my lat update picture was around three moths ago! Amazing how time flies! Here just a little reminder picture of how it used to look.
69dd57637cb68fa354508cddedcd0efd-jpg.4050.jpg

Im really thinking about possibly changing the plant layout. I sstill have all the same back ground plants and the ar mini foreground plant, but i did take out the s repens and added some runners from the sp japan wish i think with some time will grow in very nicely. What do yall think i should do? I Have been thinking of taking out the pogo and true rotala and the background vall looking plant, and possibly adding in some variety instead of the solid changes in plant species that i have going on atm. Give me some ideas!!! Also, does anyone know if there are any sheets of the sand blasted looking background or if thats only a permanent add on.

Trey its a lovely tank, that carpet is excellent. I think a slight mix up of the plant species would give the left hand side a more natural feel IMO.
Jim

Trey its a lovely tank, that carpet is excellent. I think a slight mix up of the plant species would give the left hand side a more natural feel IMO.
Jim
I feel the exact same way! It's just trying to figure out the plant selections is a little tuff. If only the USA had a place that sold the Ada little cultures of mixed plants.

Yea it's got to be one of my favorite plants, but at the same time one of the most painful plants to keep as it take forever to trim!

Back