• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Window sill emersed set-up!

GHNelson

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Tank..........Do!aqua Cube Glass 360 x 220 x 260 mm .....Mini M.
Substrate...Columbo Flora Base (small grain black)
Plants.....
Anubis sp petite.
Bucephalandra sp.... unknown variety!
Hydrocotyle cf. tripartite
Bacopa sp caroliniana
Cryptocoryne wendtii ''brown''
Pistia stratiotes.
Mini hair grass.
Staurogyne repens.

6609a46d-888d-4938-afb6-01f11d393f59_zps2vj4fvwk.jpg

6b7671f9-49e7-4189-98d3-f50ddb9d3469_zpswxtd10fj.jpg

2c574e2c-6fcb-497f-a899-c35cb50a6eb3_zpsrbz1hhdg.jpg

0eebf8bd-27fa-4300-970e-2b81d7b0a33a_zpsisuzdceo.jpg

d0b8d25b-a18a-456f-a438-f79f372f289f_zpsxlnzk1lg.jpg

Cheers
hoggie

Last edited:
Plants look good but the pictures let the thread down. It needs a better picture, maybe of the whole tank?

keep the pics coming Hoggie, are you just relying on natural light for this one ?
Yes Tim
Natural light and I switch on a mister three times a day, for about 30 minutes early morning also at 5pm and 8pm in the evening!

Last edited:
Reactions: tim
Can you tell me the average temperature, and/or do you use artificial heating?

Hi Cor
The mister heats the water as it vibrates...there is no other heating used, only room temperature!

Last edited:
Great project, Hoggie! Keep posting pics of the progress! ;)

Cheers guys!
Will try my best to keep it updated....as it can be a tad slow growing!
The crypt sp wendtii on the right side....was a small plantlet I planted around about February time, so has done quite well.
I added a few others Crypts so will need to see if the survive going from submerged to emersed over the winter period.
The standing water can get a tad hot when the mister is on....that's why I only switch the mister on for 30mins at a time!
Cheers
hoggie

Hi Hogan, The Crypts will adapt they will grow slow though. The crypts in my grandsons frog tank are doing well after 3 months with no heating It was during the summer.Still doing well even though the temp has dropped and we have not had the heating on yet will soon though As its getting a tad cold in the mornings :(

Looking forward to the updates :)

Hi Bud
Definitely slooooow growers....but that's the fun of growing plants emersed....you never know how long things take to develop into a nice plant!
Plus some are quite nice in the emersed state ....and you don't have algae on them.......... :woot:;):lol:

Hi Bud
Definitely slooooow growers....but that's the fun of growing plants emersed....you never know how long things take to develop into a nice plant!
Plus some are quite nice in the emersed state ....and you don't have algae on them.......... :woot:;):lol:

Hi Hogan,

Yep there slow :D About 90-- 120 days then :rolleyes::p

Still trying too get UG too flower :eek: Well just getting the little stunner to do what I want and when. That's the problem :arghh::banghead::D

Back