• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Switched to a Bazooka for diffusion. Question about bubbles!

Sarpijk

Hi! I decided to switch to a Bazooka diffuser. I used to have a small powerhead with a sponge in the outflow (the infamous Elite Hagen Mini mod). Anyway I decided to have a go at the Bazooka thinking that it may be better at dissolving co2.

So here's my question. With the Εlite mini I had bubbles circulating the whole tank, while with the bazooka I only see bubbles on the right side of the tank just where the atomiser is located. My circulation is through a spraybar on the back glass (as per Ceg's model). The Bazooka is placed in the front of the tank where the last two holes of the spraybar hit the front glass pushing down the mist.
Is it bad that I do not see bubbles all over the tank or is it normal since now most of the Co2 is dissolved as soon as it exits the atomiser? I haven't changed the bubble rate about 1b/sec for a 50 litre tank with 24 watts T5 lighting.

Ι have a fluval filter and I am afraid that they are prone to holding in air. I guess I should wait and see how my plants respond to this new setup.

Thought I should post a quick phone pic of the setup to give you an idea
920464688943c1d62388f31d46aba77c.jpg

I would be inclined to put it in the middle of the back of the tank so the spray bars will get to move it about. Knowing my own tank, the front corners get the least flow because of the vortices created by the spray bars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that crossed my mind but the bubbles would rise behind the spray bar , the diffuser being so close to the back glass.

Well I just got back to using my Hagen elite mini. It's the only solution that has given me good results.

Back