• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I think i am in love..

Already thought of something.. :) I replaced a floater, the one behind the flower bud, now the stem of this floater is in front of it and pushing the flower bud back. Now it will pop behind the filter outlet. Aesthetically not the best place above the tank, but i don't want to take any chances, comming this far. Actualy no idea when it will open up and how long this flower will live in this tank and if the stem keeps growing as it does for the floating leaves. The leaves stem grows on pretty long time even after the leaf already is floating.

It's my first time, in the pond i never took notice to this, just took it all for granted.

kinda feels like it, the excitement is about the same, monitorig its development with awe.. aren't we all a bit married to our tanks, hence i read the term husbandry almost daily on this forum. I guess this makes me a good husband.?? :cool:

My ex tought different and is the perfect housekeeper, everytime when she divorces she keeps the house.. :shifty:

anyway.. on topic.. :) those lily contraditcs some believes and logics. they even grow in the dark over night. they seem to store energie and grow 24 -7..

Last edited:
Only can speak for myself.. See it as a desperate try to compensate for my bad scaping skills. :rolleyes: Doesn't seem to work either.. And don't have the money for a large automobile.. What shall i do? Ok i cut the jikes and wait for Lily..

only 3 cm left.. :) I'll recon 2 - 3 days at the most to pop the surface..

DSCF5210 (Kopie).JPG

Even the embers love here.
DSCF5223.jpg

Troi :shh: your spoiling the fun.. Still have to find a plastic flower to glew it on!?..

No seriously, maybe i'm just dreaming or whishing it is true.. But i'm not fooling you around.. This plants seem to have a mind of their own.. It remarkable to see how it grows in an aquarium. In a pond you would never or not easily notice these things.. That picture i took yesterday. with the embers.. That leaf was at the front of the glass, this morning it was moved and now it is next to the flower bud the one you see in the picture. It's like the plant moved it there to protect her flower. I can imagine not other explaination why the plant decides to relocate it's leaves.. And it did this over night.

That dark leaf at the back was at the right hand front yesterday as seen in the pic with the embers. I do not know what to make of it, but it's ... i dunno what it is..
DSCF5236 (Kopie).JPG

Nothing much happening.. o_O Now she's putting all energy in growing the stem of the flowerbud and a new floater leaf, she's moving it around the tank to find a suitable spot. I guess that's what flow does, the flow keeps pulling the bud down. It probably wants it fully emersed and waiting to find a spot to do that. The flow seems to mimic deeper water and there fore she only keeps growing the stem to get the flower bud fully emersed and was reaching for the glass edge. So i decided to help a bit and did some rearranging myself and leaded the flower against the floating driftwood to give here some support and more suitable spot in the tank. :)
DSCF5259 (Kopie).JPG

I hope it will open soon, unfortenately it will only be there for maybe a week, usualy it's something like 5 days per flower..

Yes it is.. :) Exciting.. i see her strugle, like one day the flower bud is reaching upright and the next day is laying flat again, growing a few cm go upright and flat again.
I hope this spot will prevent that now and give the support it needs. Very intersting to watch this all happen in a tank, from a total othere perspective than in a pond.

They truly are the queen of all aquatic plants, very delicate and very sensitive with a unchallanged diverse beauty.

Full tank shot for a change.. :)
DSCF5262.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Troi.. :) The scape isn't fully matured yet still was swapping things that didn't work for me till a few weeks ago.. LH back corner is Crypt allbida brown, still needs to grow in and blend in to close the gap. Next to the rotala mexicana is crypt parva also still needs to grow in.. LH front the UG finaly going but yet not fully where i want it.. RH corner monte carlo in pain.. Now since i'm playing with Lily, to make it comfortable for her the rest is slowing down except the algea. Got some work to do, when this lily adventure is over. :) Definitely have to up the flow a bit, can't keep it running like this i think. But than at least i had her flower for once, i can live with that, no idea if it happen again with stronger flow.

But she grows (moves) amazingly fast, it's 3 hours since i moved to bud to that spot against the wood and already see it tilting upwards. :woot:

Back