• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Transition from emersed to submerged

Jaap

Hello,

how long do plants need to transition from emersed to submerged?

Thanks

Hello,

how long do plants need to transition from emersed to submerged?

Thanks

Depends of the plant. What plants are you talking about?
Montecarlo seams to be very easy and quick to adapt, but others like Lobelia may take some weeks (doesn't mean that melts or dies, just take more time to adapt and have the normal under water color).

Pedro.

Monte Carlo mainly. I am on week 3 and its melting a bit. See my last post: http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/the-root-25-11-2015-pics.38647/page-2

I am contepmlating between too little light or too much light that isn't helping the plant to transition!

What do you think?

Depends of the plant. What plants are you talking about?
Montecarlo seams to be very easy and quick to adapt, but others like Lobelia may take some weeks (doesn't mean that melts or dies, just take more time to adapt and have the normal under water color).

Pedro.

When transitioning co2 would be more important than light. Give it lots of co 2. Remember it's used to 400ppm whereas in the tank, you are lucky to get 20 at the substrate level.

Back