• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trigon 190

Deansie

Hi, have moved house and been allowed a new tank lol. It is my first brand new one so am quite excited about it and hope I can get it looking good as its in the living room.

Tank juwel trigon 190
5kg co2
Ada Amazonia
APS 2000EX external
Stock T5's

I've already removed the internal and fitted an external. I didn't measure before ordering and was focused on flow. This filter is massive! Lol I contemplated selling it on, hopefully flow won't be to strong, gives me 10x turnover but it is not s conventional shape tank. I'm not using spray bar but twin duck Bill outlet.

tmp_10893-IMAG04191951947221_zpsqylaobpy.jpg
tmp_10893-IMAG0425-119650239_zpsgliuqbhd.jpg
tmp_10893-IMAG0422-2072817680_zps9yl69qvv.jpg

Attachments

• tmp_10893-IMAG0425-119650239_zpsgliuqbhd.jpg
    tmp_10893-IMAG0425-119650239_zpsgliuqbhd.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 362
  • tmp_10893-IMAG04191951947221_zpsqylaobpy.jpg
    tmp_10893-IMAG04191951947221_zpsqylaobpy.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Hi Deansie,

A Trigon 190 eh, now theres a challenge. You'll find plenty of examples of planted Trigon 190 tanks on here. Try a few of the links like Fallen Wilderness etc at the bottom of my post. Look forward to seeing what you finish up with.

Loving that twin duckbill outlet, very tidy, where did you get that from?

Good luck,

Steve

A very challenging tank to scape.
I have an APS filter, though mine is an older generation and yours is the new revision.
They are good filters for the price, mine has been used extensively since 2012 and is still up and running.
That said flow is not as good as the specs state, and regular filter cleaning is needed as when is neglected the flow tends to be affected considerably.
Still for the price is a very good filter and it should be more than enough for that tank.
The duckbill outlet is great though, their spray bars are really terrible.
I am interested to see what kind of aquascape will come out of this, like i said it's a very challenging tank to scape.

Be great to see how this tank comes on. The tank shape is a challenge, I had the 350 for some time. That said, some good examples out there.

I think I'd be tempted to send the flow all in one direction. Maybe aim one high and one low, to get a cyclical motion around the tank. Down one side, across the front and back down the other.

Will the 5kg FE fit under the tank?

Hi Deansie,

A Trigon 190 eh, now theres a challenge. You'll find plenty of examples of planted Trigon 190 tanks on here. Try a few of the links like Fallen Wilderness etc at the bottom of my post. Look forward to seeing what you finish up with.

Loving that twin duckbill outlet, very tidy, where did you get that from?

Good luck,

Steve

thanks Steve, sorry for the late reply. I've there a bit problematic with flow etc but looks best in the living room. The duckbill attachment is for the Fluval f5.
It didn't fit the aps pipe work but it attached via a cut piece green hose so that was great. Can get a better pic of if you want. I cut a bit of the green hose that came with the filter
Hose size: 25mm / 1" Outside, 18mm / 0.7" Inside Diameter.

Last edited:
A very challenging tank to scape.
I have an APS filter, though mine is an older generation and yours is the new revision.
They are good filters for the price, mine has been used extensively since 2012 and is still up and running.
That said flow is not as good as the specs state, and regular filter cleaning is needed as when is neglected the flow tends to be affected considerably.
Still for the price is a very good filter and it should be more than enough for that tank.
The duckbill outlet is great though, their spray bars are really terrible.
I am interested to see what kind of aquascape will come out of this, like i said it's a very challenging tank to scape.

Hey, hopefully not a challenge that's beyond me lol. I read lots on the APS filters and how they're tricky to prime etc but are great value for money, to be honest though I think there is something wrong with mine as the flow is non existent. To put in perspective my tunze micro power head which is the size of 2 match boxes has far more output.
Ive been in touch with aps and there sending out a replacement motor head so we will see how it goes, I hope it sorts the problem.

Be great to see how this tank comes on. The tank shape is a challenge, I had the 350 for some time. That said, some good examples out there.

I think I'd be tempted to send the flow all in one direction. Maybe aim one high and one low, to get a cyclical motion around the tank. Down one side, across the front and back down the other.

Will the 5kg FE fit under the tank?

Hi, yeh im going for the flow (when I have some ha ha) against the front glass, probably try both high and see how it goes then try yours if its not working out, thanks for suggesting it, appreciated. Ill be going for a feature piece of wood in the centre and planting around it, similar to some nice ones I've seen in searches.
I've not put the cylinder in the cupboard yet but I think it will fit fine.

In the tank I now have substrate that consists of 6kg of used ada Amazonia that I had in my little tank for less than a year followed by another new 3kg bag of Amazonia and a final top layer of 3kg ADA Africana for a bit of contrast.
New fluval E series 200W heater.
cant wait to get plants.
Was thinking of try plantsalive, will see.

Here's a few pictures of latest developments ordered plants from aquarium gardens and was very pleased with them.
IMAG0468_zpsewwpgtkm.jpg

Sorry for separate posts but had bother uploading. Had to change my outlets to a spray bar as flow was really poor.I've got a 1000lph power head coming that I'm going to use to direct the co2

Added some danios tonight and was shocked to see my Betta grab one and eat it as soon as I put it in the tank!the Betta isn't that big yet.

Hi all, just a brief update on how the tanks going.
Lost quite a few plants, not carpeting plants left either. have bought 2 red plants that I cant recall the name and also a bog standard stem from my local pet shop.
Have had a lot of bother with brown algae, looks terrible on the plants. To help I bought a bristle nose cat fish which has been great, I have also just bought floating plants so hopefully this will help. Light duration is only 5 hours at the moment.
Had a bit of a problem in that my drop checker stays great 24/7 and never returns to blue.
Initially I thought it was the dkh solution but it did the exact same thing after changing it.
I then came across a post on here that said to remove the green checker from the tank and see if it returned to blue and it indeed did.
I don't know why my water holds co2? Water is on the colder side at 23 degrees so might hold gas better. Ive positioned my bazooka under my filter intake and I much prefer it, don't get the can of coke gassy look in the tank now.
IMAG0729_zpscutrabdl.jpg
IMAG0730_zpsaustknfe.jpg

There was a surprise in the Amazon sword tonight, the marbled angels have paired up. They're very young and this is their first spawning so not expecting anything from them but it cool to watch them defend the eggs from other fish and fan them to prevent fungus. :)

IMAG0564_zpsgd1zsy8i.jpg

IMAG0570_zpsr2imdsvy.jpg
IMAG0571_zpsaustlnxc.jpg

Back