• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Programmable led options

Blueskiesdz

I would like to go led on my tank which currently has an allpondsolutions t5 ho luminaire. After marine I miss the shimmer lines and the programmable options. Im also stuck for a Christmas present ideas from my
fiancé !! :)

I really love the Kessel 160 tuna sun but that set up would be £560 or the eco tech radion with a total of around £650. It seems excessive and wondered if those units are worth the outlay and any ideas of anything slightly cheaper. I was thinking a maxspect razor but I remember there were dark corners when I used one on a similar size reef tank.

I'm also concerned if she does buy me an expensive led unit she will expect it to be reciprocated via the Mulberry handbag shop o_O

Any ideas folks ??

Sounds like a great idea thanks. I'm just a bit unsure I'm up to building my own ! Have you one set up ?

James is spot on. :) LED industry is developing so fast, it's crazy to spend such a large amount of cash for something that probably is outdated before you know how to use it. The leds used aren't what you pay for, you pay for the nice housing designs and the name, but designs and names do not light your tank.

I would like to go led on my tank which currently has an allpondsolutions t5 ho luminaire. After marine I miss the shimmer lines and the programmable options. Im also stuck for a Christmas present ideas from my
fiancé !! :)

I really love the Kessel 160 tuna sun but that set up would be £560 or the eco tech radion with a total of around £650. It seems excessive and wondered if those units are worth the outlay and any ideas of anything slightly cheaper. I was thinking a maxspect razor but I remember there were dark corners when I used one on a similar size reef tank.

I'm also concerned if she does buy me an expensive led unit she will expect it to be reciprocated via the Mulberry handbag shop o_O

Any ideas folks ??
Hi,
I can vouch for the Radion. You might be able to use a single XR30 for the 36 inch long tank if you use a cable suspension kit and mount it high enough, but then you'll get light spillage into the room. Otherwise using two XR15s might give a more balanced illumination at the edges with normal mounting kits.

As mentioned, these are all overpriced but so is a Mulberry handbag.

Cheers,

Back