• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

50l of Stones and Grass

akwarybka

Hello,

I have been browsing this forum for a long time now, though I might put something here as well. This tank is two weeks old now, no problems so far. It's first time I have such a High Tech tank, I'm used to LT.

Some specs:

Aquarium: 60x36x30cm 13 years old, and heavily scratched
Heater: 25W
Filtration: AquaClear 30
Light: Hagen Glo 2x24W T5, Sylvania Aquastar and Grolux
Soil: ADA Power Sand, Tropica Aquarium Soil Powder
Rocks: Ancient Stone
CO2: Pressurised cylinder, 2bbl/s
Extras: Twinstar Mini
Fertilizing: Salts
Plants: Eleocharis parvula (plus some Rotala macrandra and Cabomba caroliniana at the start)

Livestock: Amano shrimp, Ottocinclus, green neon tetras
I'm using temporary black background at the moment, it will be white in the future.

After 1 week
20151118_182448.jpg

20151118_182404.jpg

After 2 weeks
DSC01615-1.jpg

DSC01618-3.jpg

DSC01619-4.jpg

DSC01622-5.jpg

Hey. When all plants will move on, it will be very nice tank :) Good start. :thumbup:

Nice rockwork.
Those rocks look amazing.
Though i have to say with that kind of rockwork i would have kept with small sized plants.
The stem plants break the illusion atleast to me, because they grow higher than the rocks.
Either way is just personal opinion and the tank looks lovely.

Thanks guys :)

Nice rockwork.
Those rocks look amazing.
Though i have to say with that kind of rockwork i would have kept with small sized plants.
The stem plants break the illusion atleast to me, because they grow higher than the rocks.
Either way is just personal opinion and the tank looks lovely.

I agree completely :) stem plants are there temporarily, to help tank mature ;)

Hey. Tank looks great without cabomba :thumbup: Nice, clean and tidy as should be. Good job :happy:

Thanks guys :)

Had some disasters happening over Christmas when I was away... Fish getting into filter, fish getting white spot as a result of getting into filter, and then algae issues as a result of dead fish :( Merry Christmas I guess...

2015-12-28%25252017.40.46.png

Still looking spot on. Can you get a picture using any other lights? The purple light reflection really takes away the focus from the aqua scape?
Cheers

Sorry to hear about your problems. Tank is looking great though

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back