• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Still problems with diffuser output

Achilles1

Today I received my CO2art dual stage regulator. I connected it to my cylinder and my old JBL bubble counter and a glass diffuser and switched the system on.

Just as with my old regulator there are no tiny bubbles coming out of the diffuser. I set the working pressure on approximately 43 psi and the number of bps at 1. Bubbles are happily coming in the bubble counter but nothing on the diffuser site (still nothing after two hours). I checked for leaks everywhere: nothing. I want to buy an inline atomizer but want to figure this out first. Any ideas??

Here's a YouTube movie about my setup.:

Question 2: if I close the cylinder, the first gauge remains at the same level of app. 90 psi. It doesn't drop as I would expect because of the closing of the cylinder. Is this normal?

Question 3: what's' the safest way to close off the entire system. Just plugging out the solanoid? Or closing the cylinder? Or minimalising the working pressure? I don't want to spill any CO2 before I figure out a solution for my first problem.

Any help is much appreciated.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

How did you test for leaks?
I would submerge everything from (and including) the bubble counter onwards.

My gauge takes a while to drop when I close the cylinder. I just assumed it took a while for the pressure to drop.

I would imagine closing the cylinder would be the surest way to ensure there were no 'spillages'.

I used soapy water on al the connections. If really nothing is reaching the diffuser I imagine it would have to be a very big leak and I don't detect anything

No, but 1 bps should have some effect too don't you think?

Ok thanks for the answers. I will try submerging it tomorrow and will let you know the results.

Ok, tried submerging everything into a bucket of water and it seems I've a big ass hole in my bubble counter. It's between the lid and the see through plastic. Not something I can loosen or tighten. I guess it's another €20,- down the drain. This is an expensive hobby . Thanks for your help.

It's the jbl bubble counter.
My first system was jbl,and i had the same problem.
The complete system is rubbish.
Bypass the bubble counter altogether...and just get some gas coming through your diffuser.

The actual problem is the pathetic o ring in the lid.
It's too thin...and does'nt seat correctly

You need to grease the o ring with preferably silicone grease as per normal o rings. The JBL bubble counter is the best of many I have used. Easy to fill with water. Plastic not attacked by CO2. Has locking nuts. Big easy to see bubbles. Easy to open and seal. Miles better than all the others I have used and binned.

Mm I don't think we have the same bubble counter. Mine is the one from the YouTube video above. You can't screw something on or off....

Back