• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nelson's comeback high tech

I remember Clive telling me quite awhile back that the lower stem melts are usually due to poor circulation at that part of the tank though....deeper areas of the tank where the circulation is poor as the plant biomass increases...my 2 cents worth would be to increase flow and circulation to that part and/ or increase co2 injection rate a little....

I had taken my Eden pump out and increased the filter output,which also increased surface movement.So you could be right Faizal.
I put the Eden back in last weekend and turned the filter back down.Also bought more Ludwigia Palustris on Wednesday,so will see how it goes.

where is the melt on the L palustris? can you just trim & replant the tops?

Sometimes it seems to melt for no apparent reason, other times I torture the poor plant & it refuses to give up a single leaf :confused:

I've tried trimming and replanting,same thing.Bought more,same thing :banghead:.
May have to just give up on it and find another red plant :lol:.

Lovely looking scape though - even with a bit of melt! Like the horizontal lines created by the sand, rock and dark greens.

Strange it seems to be doing quite well on my tank although the bottom leaves did melt but probably due to them still being emersed growth. I need to trim mine in the next couple of weeks and can send you some trims if you want

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I've been growing it since February with no problems.Just recently it's gone tits up :confused:.

Nelson, is the gravel you've used the ADA Congo S? It looks really good with the TGM Blue Stone, which I've also got.

Your aquascape looks really good!

Had a good trim and moved some plants around.Will have to wait for them grow and see how it looks then.
IMGP0056.JPG

Back