• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Starting point-- The Rock

Greenfinger2

Hi All, The Rock :)
Have been doing a DSM on this one for 3 months UG is so so slow to root and grow.Had a little set back after a month or so I lowered the humidity too fast and 60% of my UG died off. I did say Dam and Blast ;):D
So replanted with high humidity And started adding Rhizotonic to the spray water ( link below ) Marcel sent me some.Thank you mate :thumbup: He uses it and has had great results .And so far I agree the UG is growing better than before and a lusher green:woot:

Link http://www.cannagardening.com/rhizotonic

Tank 30cm Cube
Lighting 1 30w 6500k garden floodlight
Internal Filter ?
Rock 1 Manten Stone
Substrate Cat litter in Stockings ---At the front JBL pro scape Substrate
Plants
Crypt-- Tonkinensis R/h side of rock
Gratiola viscidula Back of rock
HC Cuba front Substrate
Hygrophila lancea ( Araguaia) Front of Rock
Needle leaf Java fern.L/h side of rock Thank you Marcel for that plant :thumbup:
Utricularia graminifolia On the Stocking.

Will be flooding this one in a month or so;) Then I will start using EI ferts and pressurized Co2
Some Photos

004_zpslyo3i8pe.jpg

016_zpsnodaldrt.jpg

017_zpsge6adzif.jpg

005_zpsddp7u7zk.jpg

015_zpszdrifzay.jpg

Updates Coming soon ;)

This will look incredible when grown in! Food for thought with regards to stocking substrate, very interested to see how it performs.

Cheers!

Hi Roy, that last pic.. :eek: Man!! That has improved!! Great!.. Nice kis setup with a stunning plant choise... Keep an eye on that mini Java Needle, they are not very fond of drystart, mick had the same experience also. Wont realy grow faster nor attach faster in a month dry anyway, so it has no benefit for it rather a set back. I tried a little bit it in a WK setup and one on the hardware above the tank both didn't survive, not the leaves, if the rizhome is still there and ever sprout again in emersed form and when?? Dunno.. But it's rather not a drystarter when grown submersed for long time. :thumbup:

Wow. I've never seen anything like this before.

What's the idea / benefit of using Cat littler in stockings? It looks really weird (in a good way)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. I've never seen anything like this before.

What's the idea / benefit of using Cat littler in stockings? It looks really weird (in a good way)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Chrism, Thank you :thumbup:UG is a mash plant a member of the bladderwort family and does not like ferts ;) So have grown it on cat litter No ferts The stocking is to hold it all together and give height without it all collapsing as its in a small 30cm Cube.

Hi Roy, that last pic.. :eek: Man!! That has improved!! Great!.. Nice kis setup with a stunning plant choise... Keep an eye on that mini Java Needle, they are not very fond of drystart, mick had the same experience also. Wont realy grow faster nor attach faster in a month dry anyway, so it has no benefit for it rather a set back. I tried a little bit it in a WK setup and one on the hardware above the tank both didn't survive, not the leaves, if the rizhome is still there and ever sprout again in emersed form and when?? Dunno.. But it's rather not a drystarter when grown submersed for long time. :thumbup:

Hi Marcel, Thank you :) Yes mate its going wild :woot::woot: The Rhizotonic is a fantastic root stimulator The UG has just gone mad :wideyed:
Thanks for the tip on the needle leaf :thumbup: It seems ok with high humidity will keep an eye on it. I can see why its not used a lot. It takes months to see even a little growth.
Worth the wait in the end though ??? We will see // Hope yours takes off soon ;)

Hi Roy welcome.. :thumbup: Plesure is mine to help that wonderfull little scape comming to life. :clap: Wonderfull to have someone like you confirming this stuff rocks the house for aquatics also.

Regarding the needle in the small tank i got it now for about a bit over 2 months i guess. And i notice some slow growth too.. It bublles like crazy so it's doing something, thats always a good sign.. :woot: As said all i tried emersed died off and had them for 1 week dry in the big tank. Didn't look realy happy after 7 days so i flooded not to take any chances. Could be doing better when the emersed patch isn't so densly packed with leaves. I did put rather alot together and was more afraid of fungus develeping because all leaves just sticking togheter as one big bad aerated mass. But you know what your doing.. ;)

Back