• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

algae seaweed for ottos

john dory

I'm a bit worried my ottos are'nt getting enough to eat.
I've tried cucumber,courgette and red pepper,but they don't show much interest.
Whilst searching for veggie clips,i came across some algae/seaweed type products,which i'm interested in trying.
Does anyone have any experience of these?

My otos wait for vegetables to get mushy before eating.
Can take 2 days for them to regard it as food
Also,
They are partial to NEW ERA TROPICAL GRAZER.

Thanks for your help.
I've bought a veggie clip,so will give the cucumber another go.

Hey

Good to see your thinking about your clean up crew :) nothing nice about a scrawny Otto. I leave my light of alllllllll day and have oxygen pump on. I don't fertilise and no co2....perfect recipe!
Obviously if you want a nice clean tank it can't be done like that. I'd get a secondary tank and use that as an algae site.
Put a load of pebbles in there and leave a light on it all the time? I'm sure I've heard of that being done. You could maybe leave it outside m, it'll take some time but just another idea

Dajana Spiriulina & Chlorella Flakes,got for my livebearers really but my SAE loves them. They are a bit expense think I paid 10 pounds but its a 50g tub

In the past,i've had them get quite plump on cucumber or courgette,but the ones i've got now don't seem interested.

Back