• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

182l Optiwhite tank "Sherpas way home"

Or you can use a one of them fancy twinstars to create a mist during certain times of day.... ;)

Hi there!

Wow! What a brainstorming... :)

The tank will get filled 100%, I'm not planing to make a paludarium. I must admit that the idea isn't bad. But I want to run it as a aquarium.
I've had some paludriums in the past and did a lot of trails with emerged aquarium plants, especially with small plants.

IMG-20140411-WA0003_resized.jpg

I'm sure that I'll run a new paludarium some day, but this tank won't be it.

Btw... I never had problems with water lines on the glas. They only arise when you use very calcareous water or when you use stones that makes your water hard (e.g. seiryu stones). If there were some, I scrape them away with a ordinary glas scraper.

@rebel
I don't like those twinstar things... And there are other options to create haze and a misterious atmosphere ;)

I've had some paludriums in the past and did a lot of trails with emerged aquarium plants, especially with small plants.

Now I like that photo very much.

Obviously it is your creation so you get the final say on whether it is filled 100% or not, I just know what I would do;)

Can't wait to see it filled, I can imagine the 'Storm Lightning effect' that my Current US Satellite Plant Pro LED would have over that tank, with those mountains it would look really spooky:cool:

Cheers,

Steve

I really love this tank.
The hardscape is impressive and has a sense of scale not may can achieve.
The stone does remind me of dragonstone even though the name suggests otherwise. Still not one of the best stones to work with being similar to dragonstone. Well done.
The planning is flawless and it only serves to highlight even more how well planned this composition really was.
I can understand the half filled idea suggested aroung here, it would look great, i have thought about trying a half full tank before and find the idea very attractive and realistic if well executed.
But either way this is one impressive aquascape.
Small fish will definitely give it the sense of scale, but i don't thing you could ruin this scape no matter what fish, it's just so well made.

Hi there!

Thank you very much for your superb feedback! :D

Unfortunately there is a little problem with cyano bacteria right now, but I'm confident to get rid of it soon.

I'm sure you will sort it all out. In the worst scenario you can always do blackout, treat it with hydrogene peroxide or use some othere chemicals but in the same time sort out the root cause. Looking at your scape I'm 100% sure you know what you are doing. I'm looking forward to see more photos with the progress.

Back