• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi all

jowee

Seedling
Hi all and thanks for having me :).
I am from the north east UK and I have recently shown an interest in attempting to grow aquarium plants. I have started off with what were suggested as easy to care for beginner plants including 2 varieties of Anubias, 2 of amazon sword and a couple of Echinodorus Hormanii (whatever that is). I may be saying this prematurely but I would like to keep this new interest low ish maintenance i.e. just using liquid carbon and decent ferts as I don't really want to go down the injected CO2 route (fear of high cost failure), however my wife has just reminded me that I approach most new hobbies with a massive interest and an open wallet and she now has this worried look on her face.
Cheers Joe.

Welcome marra, I'm sure if you do your research on here you'll have many answers in no time. There will also be many an expert who can aid in all sorts of witchcraft. Good luck and welcome!

Welcome to UKAPS Joe.
I am glad it's not just my wife that has that look every time I enter an aquarium store! :)

I have really done my best with keeping costs down by shopping around on-line to get a good deal.. You can also use the classified section on UKAPS to get some goodies at reasonable rates from people that really love the hobby! You will need to read the rules section to understand how many posts you need before you get there. But you will learn a lot from here (by other peoples' wisdom and mistakes) and be well on your way to a beautiful tank that's low maintenance and looks beautiful too.

Just wanted to add: Welcome to the best Hobby to ever have :lol:

Welcome to UKAPS, my Mrs drew the line at 3 aquariums :(, since then we now have 5 including her 2ft Guppy tank;)

Back