• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Power head, type and position...

Looking good!

Many use a piece of not too dense foam wrapped around the pipe that flows into the filter. It works as a mechanical prefilter, is very easy to remove and clean and hugely increases the time between filter cleans. Just make sure it doesn't restrict the flow as its only there to stop the larger stuff.

The great thing with the pot scrubbers is that just because a particle gets past one, doesn't mean it will get past the next. They are effective mechanically and biologically.

The Purigen pack shouldn't be so big that it stops/reduces flow.

Nearly forgot. Swap one filter over to the new media at time, or one tray at a time in both. You'll probably only notice the difference if you change one entire filter at a time so that's the way I would go. It'll be seeded & colonised by the existing media n no time.

Great!

So, I'll buy 2 x 100ml packs of Purigen (which come with bags) and remove half from each bag. Result = 100ml to treat approx 300 litres of water and another spare 100ml to use when the first batch is exhausted or to alternate (regenerate one, use the other...).

This way I also get to keep 2 identical filters. Not sure how important this is, but I like it.

Thanks for all your help

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Oh, I just realised the bag with 100ml of Purigen is sealed... So maybe I'll get 2 and put one in each filter and it'll just last twice as long...?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Back