• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low tech 45x28x28 Greenlands

Gh0st

1 month ago i started this little tank (45x28x28).
i used to have a planted tank a few years ago but then i switched to a vivarium/paludarium, about a month ago i couldn't resist the urge anymore to start another tank.
I wanted a simple low tech tank which still looks kinda cool, i bought the cheapest tank i could find and added some sand and stones. I had an internal filter still laying around so used that to start the tank.
during this month i changed the layout a little, added some more stones, added moss, removed the hairgrass , added 2 pieces of wood, changed the lighting to a 20w led and made a diy lilly pipe for my new external filter.
below are a few pics from start till now including a huge brown algae break out 2 weeks ago.

8 (Medium).jpg

7 (Medium).jpg

6 (Medium).jpg
5 (Medium).jpg
4 (Medium).jpg
3 (Medium).jpg
2 (Medium).jpg
1 (Medium).jpg

I have 2 dwarf puffers swimming around in this tank and 5 oto's
I hope you like the tank and will update the thread with pictures as the tank evolves

really nice design but I reckon the last version without the wood may be slightly ahead.

Keen to see how this evolves.

This is a very well thought out aquascape. The wood and rock is the winner for me.

If i were to give advice, tall plants on the right back side. At first glance i seen the big empty space up there, and now it takes away from all the hard work.

Keep us updated

tnx all for the advice, i actually took some of them and changed some stuff around in the tank ;)
i removed the branches and yes indeed it does look more peacefull. |I also added a few rocks to the right side to fill up the gap.
The biggest change to the eye is the addidition of the mirror background. The mirror gives it so much depth it sometimes even fools me when i look at the tank.

the effect of your advices at work:

Wow really loving it. [ but I am biased of course ]

Very nice low maintenance tank. I may copy this one day.

Back