• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Connecting Disposable co2 regulator to sodastream

karl1987

I have this D-D co2 kit - https://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/dd-complete-co2-set-p-649.html

Was wondering how I'd go about connecting it to a sodastream bottle. Ideally I'd get a fire extinguiser but after phoning around the amount of travelling Id have to do for a refill made it a no go.

I see adaptors for sale to do this but they all seem to be for regulators used with refillable bottles. I'm not sure if the regulator I have which is built for disposable bottles will need extra fittings to work with the adapter or not?

Thanks

I have this kit on my Rio 125, I think there was an adapter for this regulator to fit fire extinguishers but is now out of production.

Not seen any for sodastream, but aren't sodastream bottles smaller than the DD bottles?

I just get welding gas cyclinders from Halfords @ £14.99, if you have a Machine Mart nearby they are £11.39 there.

The ones I use are 600g but as you say it says 390g on the website?

Must be a mistake on the website then. Il take a trip down over the weekend and have a look.

Out of curiosity, how long does your 600g bottle last you? I was going through a bottle a month at 1bps. Looking back at other peoples posts and how long theres are lasting im suspecting I may have had a leak.

I must have had a leak then. Il get the kit out tomorrow and connect it to a bottle I still have that should be half full.

One last question, I bought this kit years ago when it only came with a low pressure gauge, (updated kits have 2 gauges). Should I get a high pressure gauge or is it not needed?

Mine has 2 guages and I very rarely look at them tbh.

If you really want to spend and upgrade take a look at the complete kits at Co2Art they have 2 Sodastream kits 1 at £85 & 1 at £99 which can also use fire extinguishers if you manage to find a source.

Back