• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A Very Lazy Man....

James O

All my tanks are pretty much lo tech planted holding tanks at the moment. Places to squirrel away plants and a few fish until my grand design comes to fruition. They are probably all about 1/3 plants, extremely dense planting (obviously not 1/3!solid mass but you know what I mean).

Everything grows ok but I was wondering. As my water changes really aren't weekly, could I dose 50% EI? I shouldn't get the buildup that necessitates the weekly 50% water change and it's still better than the nothing I'm dosing now :rolleyes:

So am I a very lazy man or would this work?

I add daily dose for EI high energy tank's once a week in my low tech NON CO2 tank's.
I change water once a week at 50% but could easily go three week's with no worries bout nothing.

Thanks guys :) Lazy EI here I come!

I was thinking of applying the 'lazy man' effort to co2 as well. More than nothing but less than maximum should still have better results that nowt.

Yay! Go team lazy :thumbup:

Lazy on the CO2 means you have to go lazy on the lights too....everything lazy except for turnover...:D

Planning on using a single Kessil 160 with programmer over a 60cm tank. I can be lazy on the light at the touch of a button :D

Or... set the tank up to water change for you. Just open a couple of valves on mine and come back later.

At some point I'll get it all on a timer!

I've made a very weak solution of KNO3+MgSO4+KH2PO4 that raises my 30l low tech tank TDS by 5ppm. I dose that and double dose the 60l when I remember once or twice during the week. When I reach around a TDS of 180 I do a big water change bring the TDS back down to about 90-110. The only reason I do the water change at 180 is because of the bee shrimp, otherwise I would let it get much higher :D These two tanks look much better than my high tech tank :D

Well I dosed the tank with just one of the recomended daily doses, macro and micro the next day.

The result of this laziness?

My floaters have picked up no end and a crypt that was looking sorry for itself has stated sending out roots and new leaves :D

All hail the way of the lazy man :cigar:

TMC Growbeam 500 for 6 hrs (4-10pm) about 6 inches above the water. Any longer and I get start getting bba.

I know the EI isnt at the full dosage, but I guess co2 will be my limiting factor now?

Last edited:
Back