• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ottos eating cyclops

Ajm200

Hi,

I know Ottos are supposed to only be interested in algae and veg.

Twice in the last 7 days we have dropped a frozen cyclops cube into the tank and, while the main feeding frenzy has been taking place at the top of the tank, we have noticed the little shoal of ottos start swimming round and round in circles about halfway up the tank. Then, as the other fish start to search the tank for any remaining food, the ottos return to the plants.

Has anyone else seen similar behaviour? It only happens with cyclops. They ignore the other (larger) frozen and dried food we offer. I'm wondering if they do eat the tiny cyclops

My otos love new era tropical grazer and new era catfish pellets.
Both have plenty of animal protein.
And I'm guessing the biofilm and algae otos consume in the wild has plenty of single celled bugs.

They also like bloodwurm..:) At least mine do..

Thanks. I'll,give it a try. They have finally discovered the veg I put into the tank for the catfish after over 6 months so now they are willing try food I add to the tank I'm happy to try anything

Back