• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What filter...

fastman

Seedling
Will be buying a second filter to deal with a new in-line Co2 diffuser, and into the tank via a spray bar. Currently have a JBL E700 which is not giving me 10x turnover on my 125l tank, as its probably holding too much media. I'm leaning towards getting the JBL e701 to run the Co2, and wondered whether I should put any media (just course sponge) in or run it without as someone else has suggested? Should I be looking for more flow than the 701? Any suggestions?

If you're just getting a filter to run an inline diffuser/reactor then why don't you just get an external like the EHEIM Universal Pumps. Cheaper and smaller then a filter and won't have the restrictions. There are also cheaper brands.

Is the idea to run this pump connected to my existing filter?

Is the idea to run this pump connected to my existing filter?
No you can not run 2 pumps (filters) in series, you would need a seperate inlet and outlet just like you would for a another filter. You cannot run two filters in series either, they are basically a pump in a bucket.

No you can not run 2 pumps (filters) in series, you would need a seperate inlet and outlet just like you would for a another filter. You cannot run two filters in series either, they are basically a pump in a bucket.

Ok, lack of experience/knowledge, how did you mean for the Eheim pump to run an external Up AquaCo2 diffuser? I'm obviously missing something here..

my original plan is as above, have another external filter to pump the Co2 in with the added benefit of increasing flow.

I've just come back from my LFS, and looked at the Fluval 206/306 to sort my Co2. Does anyone have any experience of fitting a diffuser to the ribbed tubing?

Ok, lack of experience/knowledge, how did you mean for the Eheim pump to run an external Up AquaCo2 diffuser? I'm obviously missing something here..

my original plan is as above, have another external filter to pump the Co2 in with the added benefit of increasing flow.

A external filter is just a sealed bucket with a pump on the top. There's an inlet from the tank into the bucket which fills up, this then has a pump force water into a pipe that goes into your external up aquaCO2 diffuser and then back into the tank.

You want to set up a second filter to do this and leave your original filter as acting just as a filter. Well take the bucket out of the equation and just use a pump to work the diffuser. You can use a stainless steel pre-filter on the pump inlet stop large particles coming through the pump.

Not stopping you using a second filter, if you want, just giving you an alternative.

Ok, a bit of a change of heart, now looking to get the JBLe1501, can anyone help with dimensions? The product page on the JBL website states the dimensions as 200 x 235 x 475 mm incl. hose connection. But the next page headed Sizes and Prices, gives the filter size as Size(l/h/w):385/480/240 mm. Does any one have the filter they could check? The second set of sizes means I can't get it in the cabinet.

Cheers

Back