• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

any ideas on what fish this is?

Dan-CR4

today I bought myself 6 blue emperor tetra, well thats what I asked for:confused:, at my local maidenhead aquatics in Morden. when i get home I look in the bag and I got 5 blue emp tetra and a fish that is nothing like a blue emperor. how he confused it with a blue emp is beyond me. lol

Phoned them to let them know but they aint answering the phone, so I think they have closed now.

anyway, please has anyone got any ideas what fish this is. any help is appreciated.

unknown.jpg

thanks for the replies guys. Wife has just been on the phone to Maidenhead Aquatics at Morden, they said it will be a indonesian rock goby. they have asked me to try and catch the bugger as they have asked for it back so they can give me my missing Blue Emperor Tetra.

How you mix them two types of fish up is beyond me, I mean a blue Emp Tetra looks nothing like this Goby. The thing was, once they were all in the bag at the shop he counted them so either he dont know his fish or could not be bothered to change it as it was near closing time.

Dont think I will bother trying to catch him, as he is a right fast bugger, lol

Last edited:
they have asked for it back
I expect the price on this guy is somewhat higher than you paid as a "blue emperor tetra" ;)

Unless you dislike the fish, it would be rather simpler to just buy additional tetras ... note that these fish can easily burrow into sand & soil substrates
Seriously Fish has some articles on these Stiphodon gobies

I agree, he is a nice looking little fish, and I have read their habitat and needs and he will be ok in my aquarium. so think rather than stress him/her and my other fish I will keep the fish. Just cant believe the salesman could of mixed the two up. lol. Its no hardship, just cant believe they asked for him back, since he has now been in my tank and they don't know if my fish are riddled with diseases (which they are not).

I agree, he is a nice looking little fish, and I have read their habitat and needs and he will be ok in my aquarium. so think rather than stress him/her and my other fish I will keep the fish. Just cant believe the salesman could of mixed the two up. lol. Its no hardship, just cant believe they asked for him back, since he has now been in my tank and they don't know if my fish are riddled with diseases (which they are not).

Definitely down to price I would imagine. Iirc when I have seen them they are pretty expensive especially at maiden heads

Back