• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

step by step propagation montecarlo emersed

B

bian laksono

hi, nice to share with you guys. i want to share about how to grow emersed some foreground plants, e.q emersed micranthemum montecarlo (MC)

here i suggest you to get :

1. a box (streofoam box/plastic box) with high about 30 cm
2. swamp/pond soil (it's lil' dirty but trust me it work for me)-no use stonewool/rockwool or brand soil it's too expensive
3. organic fertilizer (get it on farmer's shop in your area)-don't use or waste your aquascape fert
4. montecarlo emersed state plant(in vitro plant is the best for propagation)

here the step
1. put the soil in to the box we make it 3 layers :
a. 1st layer is soil about 5 cm
b. 2nd layer for organic fertilizer about 3 cm
c. the third layer for soil on top about 5 cm and adding lil fert on top
2. pour water into the soil so that the soil becomes muddy- don't flood the box
3. cut your plant then plant it on your muddy soil
4. if it summer time on your area put it outside direct sunlight but cover it with net(paranet)
5. if it cold/snowy time outside please put it inside your house, replace the sunlight with T5 lamp or others daylight lamp 12 hours a day it tooks 45 days to harvest on summer time.
6. check the water level frequently on morning day add water if the soil becomes to dry. but remember the water level is not more high than soil level
12193854_1653268724941535_6348652731646008361_n.jpg

it is simple to grow emersed no worry about algae fungus and others. if you have a lot of stock aquaplant you can give it away to your friend or starts selling.
here the result of my experience grow MC on emersed state. sorry for my bad english writing
12208390_1653034408298300_6359080120731130992_n.jpg
12189529_1653034354964972_4622933071001237426_n.jpg
12043113_1653034381631636_1999133805269068817_n.jpg

warm regards from aquadogma nursery-indonesia
10462876_1586676514934090_8696696763073756986_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
;)Thanks for sharing. Bag of soil costs like 3 quid. ;)I'm trying with cat litter as I don't think it will be as messy. Not had much
luck compared to soil though.
You can use garden soil if your house far away from swamp. just digging it also you can plant with "raised bed" covered with uv plastic to avoid water draining. make plastic tunnel to keep soil humid. Please Watch youtube how to made raised bed. Good luck

Not really mass producing, just bulking up my plants for replanting in low tech tanks. Also mean I can keep a few sp. around if I want to replant in a scale later on. It's a good method especially in the summer when growth kicks off.
maybe someday you bought too much plants that can't plant all to the tank, you just throw it on raised bed that you prepared before and let them grow and grow. ;p

Thanks for these info.
You can indeed you use normal garden soil (usually free) and add some cheap terrestrial fertiliser but take care not to fertilise too much as the roots can burn.

Do you use the ebb and flow technique for these?

Thanks for these info.
You can indeed you use normal garden soil (usually free) and add some cheap terrestrial fertiliser but take care not to fertilise too much as the roots can burn.

Do you use the ebb and flow technique for these?
I dont use water flow or filtering the water. I just add some water if soil going to dry. I always checking it in the morning everyday before going to work. Organic fert is more save than chemical. It going to mixed with soil and provide nature nutrition. except you adding posphat or others chemical fert ,it will burn your plant's roots if you dont use it wisely. It's the secret: some of Our aquatic plant farmers here always use organic fert,because we always use free soil not rockwool or brand soil.

thats really cool, thanks for sharing.

ghostsword luis would love a bit of this haha

image.jpg
Saturday morning, i visited friend's house and i found this
Eriocaulon and some stem plants. Stereofoam covered by uv plastic to avoid water lose.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 572
Back