• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My friend bought a tank ?

Hello Greenfinger,

I will be doing a tank for a friend, I low maintenance one just like the one above. However, I am a bit skeptical on the algae part. The scape looks in good shape and the plants look healthy, the algae is ok for me to be honest but what if my friend doesn't like it. So I am trying to find out how to prevent it. Do you think the algae in the above scape was formed because of too much light exposure?

Thanks

What a great little scape! Your friends have earned a larger tank. It's rare to see beginners who can be that patient with a tank!! Kudos.

@Jaap; to prevent algae, you should plant very dense from the beginning. This gives you the best chance.

Hello Greenfinger,

I will be doing a tank for a friend, I low maintenance one just like the one above. However, I am a bit skeptical on the algae part. The scape looks in good shape and the plants look healthy, the algae is ok for me to be honest but what if my friend doesn't like it. So I am trying to find out how to prevent it. Do you think the algae in the above scape was formed because of too much light exposure?

Thanks

Hi My friends like the look of the algae it gives the scape the aged look and the shrimps love it.
You can keep it under control turn off the filter.Then use Easycarbo in a syringe to the affected area leave for a few minutes then clean with a tooth brush and do a water change fill up and turn the filter on.

What a great little scape! Your friends have earned a larger tank. It's rare to see beginners who can be that patient with a tank!! Kudos.

@Jaap; to prevent algae, you should plant very dense from the beginning. This gives you the best chance.

Hi Rebel, Thank you:) I will let my friends know they will be happy. They have done a good job of looking after the tank and critters :cool:

Hi All, My friends Tony and Kathy Have a new 40cm Cube. I have just scaped it with DW and pebbles :) Will post photos when it settles down.
Kathy did a fantastic job of looking after there last little tank :clap:

Tony wanted to do a Wab-Kusa even got the DW. He went off the idea on this When I told him over here they had to be covered and take months to grow. So over a coffee we came up with Air plants on DW. Easy to look after and instant set up time.

Well a few days later he has done 4 :woot:Hes got the Air plant bug. I think he has a good eye for design too.

I have said join Ukaps and chat to you guys and girls""" There not sure""" I think there just shy :shy::shy::D

Some photos of Tony's Air plant projects

034_zpsq1vs3idg.jpg

028_zpsdvicwcpf.jpg

023_zpsfptsxa6m.jpg

025_zps5wuosvdp.jpg

I like the swampy look of this little tank.. :)

Wish my friends let me set up tanks for them! Great work indeed.

I like your photos of those air plants. Very dramatic with the top light.

Back